Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        sys specs required for quake 4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: sys specs required for quake 4

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-26-2007 10:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have a relatively old pc but quake 3 runs like a feather (above 100 fps) on it with moderate settings (medium detail and 800*600 res), so im curious will i be able to play quake 4 smoothly , i dont mind playing on low gfx settings, i have a p4 2.5 gs and a decent RAM but only 64 MB onboard gfx (gigabyte 8I845GV mobo), plz reply, thnx :)

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-26-2007 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you're going to need a better graphics card. 64 mb will not cut it. I'm not sure if it's even runable with that. If your ram is enough and fast enough, you should be able to run it pretty well with a new graphics card. I have a GeForce 6600 and can play it on ultra in single player with no problems. Multiplayer I've not tested.

There should be ample threads here with spec comparisons if you search a bit.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-28-2007 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have an amd 2600 + 9800, I can play online, but the sp sucks...
:(

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-29-2007 07:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i guess its not worth trying then :(

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 01-29-2007 07:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You might be able to get away with 1v1 matches, with a highly tweaked cfg. But any more players and you're just going to bog down. Get the demo and see firsthand, wouldn't wanna pay for it and find out it runs porrly later on.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.