Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 Community Map Pak Submissions Available

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 Community Map Pak Submissions Available

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 4 Community Map Pak - 34 Maps (86MB)

- Q4CMP @ FileShack
- Q4CMP @ Levitation
- Q4CMP @ id Software
- Q4CMP @ Team-Infinity
- Q4CMP @ EscapedTurkey
- Q4CMP @ Extreme-Players
- Q4CMP @ StrategyInformer

- Discussion: ESReality
- ScreenShots: Maposfera

Quote:
With the deadline having been reached, all of the entries for the Quake 4 Community Map Pak have been submitted.
We have compiled the 34 maps into one pak for play testing prior to the upcoming voting process. Thanks to all of the contestants for their submissions and good luck!

Source: id Software

Last edited by Bugsy on 02-06-2007 06:46 AM, edited 3 times in total.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you notice any servers running them then please give a buzz.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

213.208.119.120:28005 / jolt.co.uk - (v1.3) CMP - Submissions / Map : q4cmp_entry_01 / Gametype : Votable / Mod : q4base

Server is UK based, and is currently running base - although i will consider q4max if people call for it (its just our q4base servers are much busier)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

}WTF{ Duel/CTF CMP Pak pw=wtf [Chi]

72.51.60.60:28004
q4max

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What gametype is the wtf server running?

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[Lords of Quake]Q4max .77 CMP Mappack -CTF-New York

8.2.121.166:28004

My server is running these maps in FFA mode as the default gametype, but you can "callvote mode duel" or "callvote mode CTF" in the console to change the server to what ever gametype you'd like

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 07:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how are all the maps so far? Someone convince me it's worth reinstalling q4 :(

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lots of good stuff here.

they're up (q4base and DM only atm) at

q4.mhgaming.com:28004 (Denver, CO)
q4dallas.mhgaming.com:28004 (Dallas, TX)

nifty status page
http://mhgaming.com/q4mon/q4mon-spy.pl

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 02-02-2007 10:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
So how are all the maps so far? Someone convince me it's worth reinstalling q4 :(

if you havent played Q4 since 1.3 your missing out on a lotta fun. I'm a CTF player so I just love how fast you can get going. Its the movement that makes Q4 so damn sexy. If you havent played Q4 with 1.3 you may be pleasantly suprised.

DM is just...DM. Find some team games for some real good times.

...or just wait until 1.4 and do it all at once. Either way its worth it :]

The map pack has some kool maps...and some that are just OK. Personally I think they're too new for me to have an opinion yet on how good the map pack is...

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-03-2007 02:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I only purchased q4 less than 2 months ago. Yeah I played 1.3 for a while, but the biggest letdown for me was the jumping through the hoops to play on most servers, mind you that's even after having a good cfg that linked to escapedturkey. It was nonstop trying to join some server that just didn't want to download a file, or crashing to desktop, then trying to find ANY gametype that wasn't ffa. I had played the game for 2-3 weeks and the only thing I managed to play was ffa. I played quake since quake 1 and this is something I didn't look forward too and didn't feel like dealing with. This is something one didn't have to deal with in any quake previously, so why should I be subjected to this now. :dork: Undoubtedly this left a sour feeling in my mouth and I'll be forced to think twice about buying a new game with the id label on it.

And that's my mini rant. :p

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-04-2007 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
What gametype is the wtf server running?

The server is almost always running duel or ctf, but everything is voteable. :) And of course, if you come to #clan_wtf on ETG, I can change anything you need me to.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-06-2007 05:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Original post updated with a discussion thread taking place at ESReality, and also screen shots of each map at maposfera.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.