Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Server crash

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Server crash

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-08-2007 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't know if it's a q4 problem or a q4max problem, but a lot of times servers crash when we callvote a change map..."no active map"(or something like...I have the error message in italia :))

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 02-08-2007 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What patch? In an older release, callvoting a map not on the server would crash it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-08-2007 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.3 but this does not happen every time...
something like: we start...change map, change map, change map...crash...
another day we start, change map...crash...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-09-2007 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you post the exact error message (I can look up the Italian string and get the English equivalent, so that's not a problem), I'll take a look - you should not be getting that from q4max.

Without knowing precisely which error you're getting, I'm gunna guess is that its a server config issue. Do you find the problem only occurs when voting to addon.conf maps - eg l4dm1_1, l4dm2_1, etc, but not swq4dm1 / tmp maps?

What does the server have in terms of autoexec.cfg + default.cfg config files? If you get a condump from the server, you may find an error sat on there which tells you whats really wrong.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-09-2007 01:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try setting the server timelimit to 1 minute. Join the server in windowed mode and let it cycle its entire rotation -- paying attention to what map it's on during each minute. That will help you figure out if it's crashing upon the load of a given map. :icon31:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-09-2007 04:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, okay, "callvote a change map" meaning callvoting nextmap, not to a specific map.

That'll be a typo / invalid map in the mapcycle (either scriptcfg or si_mapcycle. I believe that this issue is corrected in q4 1.4.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-13-2007 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry I was in Greece!
:D

I callvote a specific map!
Tomorrow I'll try to get the error message.
:)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-15-2007 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Condumped...but ???

Timelimit hit - A1yssa wins the match.
r_useScissor cannot be changed in multiplayer.
r_useScissor cannot be changed in multiplayer.
Wrote screenshots/CUSTOMFFA_A1yssa(POV)_Q4XTOURNEY1_2007-02-15_21-05-24.jpg
Ely: solita fortuna
A1yssa: skill!
A1yssa: :)
Ely: lol
SGResu: nextmap?
stopped network demo recording. 'demos/CUSTOMFFA_A1yssa(POV)_Q4XTOURNEY1_2007-
02-15_20-45-14.netdemo' is 9.21 MB
------------ Game Map Shutdown --------------
---------------------------------------------
Shutting down voice chat ...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-15-2007 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this time we played in a server with mapcyle
:(

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-16-2007 01:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's because you need those safety scissors the twerps use in kindergarten :s

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-16-2007 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:\

I think it's something wrong in my cfg...
But this does not make the server to crash.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-16-2007 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Post your config, and any mapcycle scripts that are on the server, maybe that'll show the problem.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-17-2007 02:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I sent a mail to the admin...I hope to recive a quick response. Another strange thing for some players: q4 crashes if they join a server running stroggenomenom map...they cannot play that map.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-06-2007 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no response...but...if we call a vote to change map, server does not crash!
:\

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.