Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Differences Q3 - Q4

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Differences Q3 - Q4

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-28-2007 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,
im prob not the first to ask but still I do: What are the big changes between Q3 gameplay and Q4 gameplay? Is the step from Q3 to Q4 big? I mean, I've got some Q3 skills but will they work for Q4? Some people mention the more frequent use of the railgun, but in Q3 there was already a rather big rail use, right? So if I decide to switch to Q4, what to work on?
Thx.

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 05-28-2007 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just stick to Q3, nobody plays Q4 anyway...
Gameplay on Q4 is slow and doesnt respond like Q3...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-28-2007 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

D'Artagnan, have you played a recent version? I'd say its significantly faster than Q3 these days.

Yes, you shouldnt have an issue switching - theres a few new things to learn like crouchsliding, but in general your skills your transfer without too big a problem.

xchaser
xchaser
PostPosted: 05-28-2007 01:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with AJ you can transfer you Q3 skills over to Q4with no difference. just the crouchsliding and a bit faster in speed. if you have a good pc and a good video card u shouldn't have a problem.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-04-2007 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no one mentioned hitboxes or pitboxes or shitboxes once in this thread \o/

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-21-2007 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CorteX( ) wrote:
Hello,
im prob not the first to ask but still I do: What are the big changes between Q3 gameplay and Q4 gameplay? Is the step from Q3 to Q4 big? I mean, I've got some Q3 skills but will they work for Q4? Some people mention the more frequent use of the railgun, but in Q3 there was already a rather big rail use, right? So if I decide to switch to Q4, what to work on?
Thx.

Q4 is much better with 1.4.2 PR now. Just try it!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.