Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Sunshine - Q4 Tourney Map - Final

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Sunshine - Q4 Tourney Map - Final

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-04-2007 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sunshine (aka pjw4tourney1) is finally finished, after a bit of a rough and protracted development process that spanned both multiple patches (one of which broke a spectacular movement trick in an early version of the map) and several layout changes.

Download (13 meg)
Mirror for the Fileplanet-Impaired (courtesy of Scourge--thanks man!)

Most of the great textures in this map are courtesy of Evil Lair
while the cool skybox is courtesy of Hipshot
I also have to say a quick thanks to Raven's Fred Hooper (hi Fred) for help with the glowy liquid.

All those guys kick ass, just in case there was any doubt.

Note that the pk4 does not include a botaas file, since my version (a10) of Sabot seems to have been broken by the latest Q4 patch, and I can't seem to find a later/fixed version of the mod...

In any case, the map is available for your downloading pleasure, and I'm going to have a nice cold beer, and enjoy the rest of my 4th of July.

Screenies:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 07-04-2007 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks cool, is there any prerequisite to have the latest patch installed for any reason? I don't update to the latest patch until if/when the sabot is updated to it.

I guess I'll know soon enough myself anyway, will dive into it as soon as I download it.

Thanks

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-05-2007 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As far as I know, it should work fine with earlier versions of Q4. You'll just have the make the botaas yourself. (not difficult)

Thanks for checking it out. :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 02:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah fantastic - glad this has made it to a final ( seems to have been a lifetime ;) )

got a good excuse to to get it up on our servers now

great stuff

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just a slight query ...

Its still called beta 2 in the addon.conf - its been a while since i last ran round this, but It cetainly feels like a tweaked version (bottom of large JP has altered for sure(

My guess is that it is the final, just thought it worth checking

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, It shows up in the map list as beta 2. Nice map, bots play reasonably well, although they do go off into the void , but that's to be expected I guess, (I did my share of it at first as well :paranoid: ) still fun though.

I must say that I prefer pjw4dm1 High And Dry (one of my favorite Q4 maps) but this is still great fun.

Thanks.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kleeks wrote:
Its still called beta 2 in the addon.conf

That's because I'm an idiot. Thank you for being observant. A new version has been uploaded.
Sorry about that.

I'm going to turn the computer off now and go do something calming.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.