Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        FuhQuake

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: FuhQuake

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been messing around a little with FuhQuake trying to make it look good, so far some replacement models, new textures and hud numbers.

The problem I'm having is centering the hud, their forums are really outdated and searching hasn't helped. The only way I can do it is by having a shortcut with "-width 1024 -bpp 32 -conwidth 400"

The problem with this is that everything become much bigger, especially the text. The higher I set -conwidth the smaller the hud/text but at the same time the hud is shifted far to the left.

I was wondering if anyone by any chance has a solution to this? Here is an example of what I mean.

-conwidth 512
[lvlshot]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/2531/fuhquake17oh.jpg[/lvlshot]

-conwidth 400
[lvlshot]http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/8075/fuhquake24ox.jpg[/lvlshot]

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nevermind fixed the hud myself.

scr_centersbar "1"

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Further questions can probably be answered at the quakeworld.us forums. And when quakeworld.nu is back online, you will _definitely_ find help there.

Then there's #quakeworld and #american on quakenet, where you'll pretty much find most of the guys from the quakeworld.nu forums.

Hella Cool
Hella Cool
PostPosted: 08-22-2005 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, I moved from fuhquake to ezquake. I like the effects more. Got a bunch new textures, new runes, etc. Quake looks really good now, maybe I'll post some pics later.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damnit those screens make me want to play on some of the old accellerated ctf servers again

Demongay
Demongay
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're really desperate for per-pixel lighting, you could use FTE Quakeworld (here or here.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.