Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Q2E

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q2E

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's new? Is the next release soon? blah blah blah

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-20-2005 03:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"In 2 weeks!" :olo:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 10-24-2005 09:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok seeing as odium hasn't replied yet I'll tell you to the best of my knowledge... :p

They started a cvs depository about a month or so ago (which is a sourceforge.net page where you can grab pre-compiled and compiled builds). So the new release at this point is more like a late-alpha/beta I think. Engine-wise I think it's pretty much ready for release but there are a few bugs hindering still.

But also, 2 or so months back it was announced that they will accept community support in re-creating (which means re-lighting because of per-pixel lighting) the multiplayer maps. Then there's the need to re-texture it all, I think odium and some other guys from the community are doing that. It might be a slow process but it'll eventually get there.

I'm not exactly sure if they are going to wait before the mp maps are finished before an official release, or maybe it will happen before (without the maps).

Right now, you can go to their cvs page and grab a slightly older build that's compiled, and you can also compile yourself the freshest code available. It just won't have the new lighting and new textures. Doesn't really look so hot.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparantly this is the page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/q2e

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.