Quake3World.com Forums
     The Void
        WAAAH, ANGST, SPITE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 12-21-2006 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You've been a bit prickly lately riddla. Hope you'll get bitter soon

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 12:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
all in good fun, all in good fun

as if anyone who matters really pays attention to anything other than the bottom line.

p.s. q4 sucked.

All in good fun? No actually I disagree. Considering your an admin of this board (unless I'm incorrect and your status has been revoked) I can't believe that I've had to read half of the stuff you post. Its been immature and not good natured. This is a Quake 4 board, and while I should expect it from users I should not from admins.

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He isn't a mod anymore Sync and never was an admin. He is always entitled to say q4 sucks, he just has to explain why and not point to dwindling number of players.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 05:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally, I find Q4 a lot of fun. I think the people that are down on it just expect it to be Q3.

I think once your comfortable with Q4 movement its actually alot more fun than Q3.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SyncError wrote:
All in good fun? No actually I disagree. Considering your an admin of this board (unless I'm incorrect and your status has been revoked) I can't believe that I've had to read half of the stuff you post. Its been immature and not good natured. This is a Quake 4 board, and while I should expect it from users I should not from admins.

No, he is looking on the bright side of the truth. I remember Riddla sticking up for Q4 no matter what, but he had to lie and be biased to do so, it made him look a fool. Don't make yourself foolish Syncerror.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(I gotta stop reading threads here... I get a little dumber, for five minutes afterwards, each time.)

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KO wrote:

No, he is looking on the bright side of the truth. I remember Riddla sticking up for Q4 no matter what, but he had to lie and be biased to do so, it made him look a fool. Don't make yourself foolish Syncerror.

I've said it before but if you don't like it then stop...fucking...posting. That you're enough of a loser to hang around whining about a game you don't even enjoy says worlds about the amount of free time on your hands.

riddla wrote:
not exactly it, but Sync if you want to challenge your superiors to hire a project manager for the next game in the quake fps genre who cares about things that matter to PLAYERS like gameplay, balance, previous innovation, etc then I'm there.

You've worked on one Q3 mod and run networks for a living. The fact you even said that is hilarious.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GODLIKE wrote:
(I gotta stop reading threads here... I get a little dumber, for five minutes afterwards, each time.)

aye, same. LEM is pretty much the only active forum that escapes the trolls. GD or the void should be the place for this stupid stuff :(

was the comp announced somewhere else a lot earlier? jan 31st is very close for cranking out a decent map if you didn't have one on the go already.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 09:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Riddla has every right to say Quake 4 sucks but this is not the place to do it.

id have opened up a contest to the Quake community. One which might actually give someone with a lot of talent the opportunity to further develop their skills and may even lead to employment.

This may not be a big deal to some of you but to others it is an opportunity to sell themselves in what is becoming an increasingly competitive working environment.

Take this for what it is, which is a Christmas gift from to make Quake 4 a better game. Why not let the people who play the game the most develop some content for it? We play it more than the team ever will (maybe? ) so naturally we can exploit our understanding of the game mechanics.

Riddla, if you have nothing good to post in here then please refrain from posting at all. This is a forum for people who like and appreciate the game and not for people who like to give it the old “OMGAH QUAEK 4 SUX0RZ!!!!111three!”

I wish everybody who enters the competition the best of luck and do us a favor and make some kick ass maps for us to play ;)

DC

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Riddla, please see above. Keep it out of here man. Please :)

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
but good luck nonetheless as just about everyone has moved on.

Then by all means do everyone a favour and move on as well.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is not the thread to be doing it in. Its off topic and brings nothing to the table.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
why? this is a forum for quake 3 anyhow and Q4 disrespected it hardcore.

You're posting in a Q4 forum now :icon27:.

Since you seem to be too incompetent to realize that by the forum title and graphic then here's a direct link to the Q3 forum:

http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Could one of the mods please split all of this shit off into its own topic and move it to the Void where it belongs? Thanks.

Last edited by Tormentius on 12-22-2006 10:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It may do, in your opinon, but not in a thread thats about giving back to the Quake 4 community.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
did you even read? they want the community to start building maps for them! sheesh.

Its a contest ffs. Many level designers would be happy to design a level that might become an official part of the game since it looks great for their employment prospects. Community map packs have been added to other games like UT so its hardly a new concept but I don't see you snivelling about any of those.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 10:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lets just leave this be and get the thread sorted out:

MOD!!!

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PR stumble? Christmas time? You're trolling now riddla.
The mappack will be finished in february at the soonest probably a bit later so your holiday argument is out of the window. Is it forbidden for them to issue out contests in nov/dec because of that? No. You're making an issue out of nothing now.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla is just bitterly upset, and decided to take it out on you. The best way to deal with trolls is to just ignore them. It probably wouldn't have gotten past his first post.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hope quakewars is good

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
I am a bit upset, had a whole team ready for a mod and they all basically said fuck it, the game isn't anywhere near ready.

EVEN NOW THE DEVS ARE RELEASING ANOTHER MASSIVE CODE CHANGE AND BEGGING PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE!

p.s. lol

THEY MAKE GAMES TO BE MODDED NOT PLAYED!

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 12-22-2006 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
i hope quakewars is good

yeah, i'm thinking of putting together a new pc for that game. nothing else right now really interests me.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-23-2006 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IRL must suck really bad for riddla. I mean seriously, I feel bad for the guy that a game has him so bitter and upset with life. Poor riddla.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-23-2006 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i feel this is my fault for upsetting fattla in GD