Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        About green glowing bots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: About green glowing bots

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-03-2006 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw a green glowing keel in a video i downloaded! Do you know how i can make that "skin" (?) work for me too?? :/

it was pretty cool :icon31:

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 03-03-2006 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That would be the mod CPMA or OSP (or any mod that implements promode skins, actually). Check this thread for links.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 03-03-2006 05:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two things that keep Q3 as my all time favourite online FPS ( er, well, my only online FPS tbh):

1. Keel

2. Fluorescent Green

:icon26:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-03-2006 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the link man! :icon26: What I found is a mod called "battlebots" and i think this will work for me. If there is something i didn't find please feel free to say so :P

thanks again :icon25:

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-03-2006 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

really all you need is osp and the enemymodel command... not only will bots be whatever color you assign them, but so will live enemies when playing online.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-04-2006 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
really all you need is osp and the enemymodel command... not only will bots be whatever color you assign them, but so will live enemies when playing online.
And the enemycolors setting (not a command)... Battlebots isn't an offline mod btw, if you were thinking that.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-04-2006 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, i'm just saying osp/cpma is a more general solution. uft has enemycolors too, iirc... but i doubt that's what was in the vid and it's not where the majority of the community is.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-04-2006 01:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True; you won't find many populated Battlebots servers (although it's a quite fun and feature packed mod). If you just want to play normal Quake (what people call VQ3 or baseq3) you need OSP. If you're want to play Q3 in a more hardcore mode, similar to QuakeWorld, try CPMa.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.