Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake 3 Internet Down

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Internet Down

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-09-2007 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While installing Quake 4, I was told to shut off the Internet for Quake 4 so it couldn't check for a CD key. However, because of that, I am no longer able to play any Quake online. To add to that, I cannot find the file I edited to shut off internet connections with Quake. It was somewhere in System 32. Does anyone know what I should do?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-09-2007 04:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Buy the game next time.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-09-2007 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I purchased every quake but i lost the cd key for quake 4. Don't be a smartass.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-09-2007 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reread your first post and tell me what I would think. It was probably your hosts file.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-09-2007 09:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It just seemed as if you were jumping to conclusions. But it doesn't matter, this is not a place for argument. I just want to know whats wrong with my Quake.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-10-2007 03:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
It was probably your hosts file.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-10-2007 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You need the key, you can't go online without it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.