Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Program to trim demos?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Program to trim demos?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-25-2008 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Program to trim demos?

Is there a program to trim demos down? I had autorecord on in OSP and I recorded more than one game (in one demo); I want to keep the game which was at the end, i.e. trim the bit before that off.

I know that Defrag does recamming of demos so I guess that could be used to do it somehow; but when I tried finding out how to do recamming when I wanted spectator mode for making a video, I found that the readme was unintelligible tech-speak or something about it made it very unclear - I think it was cause it was translated from French - lost in translation.

So if you are going to suggest to use Defrag to do it could you please explain how, unless they have improved the readme since I last read it.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-10-2008 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't tried this myself, but if u playback a demo I believe you can record it while it playsback. Think I did this once when I was playing a demo through seismovion. Just bind a couple of your F-keys to record and stop record. Like this...

seta F5 "autorecord"
seta F4 "stoprecord"

It's worth a try atleast. (Applies to OSP/CPMA demos)

edit: Ignore this^^

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.