Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake 3 A problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 A problems

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 09-07-2008 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi , i got a problem with Quake 3 arena that i didnt have before. I cant see nor connect to any server , i tried using Qtracker , MaxBrowser and Xfire , but seems that they cant connect to their master servers either , which is quite odd because i used to play with Xfire before.
I think thats they cant connect to their own master servers because of my Router a Linksys WRT54G. I did a point forward to all their ports still no luck and i wonder why since im able to use Steam And PSN.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-01-2008 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have u updated to the 1.32 and 1.32c?

You might find me pwning at 13:00 CET in the Vogon instakill server because it is good. Smash Mode. Check it out!

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-08-2008 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you cannot even get a list of servers using the serverbrowsers? Or do the serverbrowsers give you a list of IP addresses, but none of the servers respond?

One possibility is that you've previously installed some warez q3 install / manually tweaked C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and redirected the id master servers to 127.0.0.1 in an attempt to use it without a cdkey.

If thats the case, open the above file in notepad, and delete any lines relating to id (maxbrowse relies on you not having "monster.idsoftware.com" in there, or set to the correct IP of 192.246.40.56).

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-19-2008 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi,i have quake 3 arena,but i can play online,what i have suposed to do in this case??/plz help me....:D

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-19-2008 10:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to download quake 3 arena multiplayer visit this site [MOD EDIT] and whait for 20 secundes to download it

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 11-19-2008 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read the forum rules, you stupid git. No linking to warez.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 11-20-2008 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.