Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Started playing q3 again

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Started playing q3 again

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-12-2008 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After nearly a year away from it. The weird thing is, when I was playing regularly but had only a few days away from it, it would feel strange getting back into the movement and would take my eyes and brain a few minutes to readjust. Yet after nearly a year, I loaded it up and it just felt completely normal as though I'd never stopped. Like getting back on a bike. Got straight back into strafejumping at my normal speed and smoothness ( if I say so myself :sly: ) and fingers went instinctively to all the right keys, like a duck to water. I guess you never lose that when you've played for a few years.

The downside is that the aim suffers quite substantially. I'm still doing ok, often getting into the top 3 (just ffa) so I haven't completely lost it, but I can really notice the difference because I'm not winning games that I would have done before I stopped and not fragging as many noobs as I would have. My LG and RG is still pretty good, but my RL prediction is not quite up to par, it's a case of me remembering how I used to do it. Example, I'd gotten pretty good on DM17, but tonight was terrible. Mind you, I'd been playing till late and was tired when DM17 came around. Some fine tuning over a few more games should do it.

Still the best game ever. :up: ;)

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 11-13-2008 08:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

last time i went back after a long time off i thought i was pretty good until i got online with about 70ms ping... suddenly i couldn't hit *anything*
:(

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-15-2008 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll take you for a dance if you want to. Took a years break aswell.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-16-2008 05:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
I'll take you for a dance if you want to. Took a years break aswell.

Yeah, why not. It'll be like old times. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.