Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Q3map2-light/shadows error with -meta option cause black sha

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3map2-light/shadows error with -meta option cause black sha

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-06-2009 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, I got a nasty problem with lightning that causes black shadows on floors surfaces and walls on some places, some of the textures are totally black even when lighted, some have weird shadows [watch screenshots]

[screenshot #1] [screenshot #2]
[screenshot #3] [screenshot #4]

This happening only when compiling with -meta or without -vis

But unfortunelly I need to use both option, -vis needs to be ofc, without it you got fps losses cuz whole map is draw at once and without -meta I get error about some verts limits excedded 2800 > 1000 smth like that but only when I try to look on complex ASE model, that needs to be like that I cant change it, cuz it would look horrible with less subdivides.

I hope someone would know what is the problem, btw when I am manipulating with some of the brushes on the map those shadows are changing, so i think some of the brushes can affect that, i am using gtk radiant 1.1.1 with grid 0.025 and newest compilator v2.5.17 base - FS_20g

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-07-2009 03:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One topic is enough, my friend.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.