Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Threewave Dedicated Server

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Threewave Dedicated Server

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-28-2011 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile for me to setup a threewave server? I pretty much can't find any servers that people are ever on, except 1 in the netherlands but often when I play with a buddy of mine (sadly, against only bots) I get people joining the server when they find it. I have good net (50 meg down / 1 up) + an extra comp I could run the server on but I'm not sure if threewave is so dead that it would just be a total waste of time. Any thoughts?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-28-2011 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why don't you try it out? The biggest challenge is drawing players but you could pick a set time for a match and announce it in the server name ("Furinax - game@9 PM UTC").

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-06-2012 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Furinax wrote:
Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile for me to setup a threewave server? I pretty much can't find any servers that people are ever on, except 1 in the netherlands but often when I play with a buddy of mine (sadly, against only bots) I get people joining the server when they find it. I have good net (50 meg down / 1 up) + an extra comp I could run the server on but I'm not sure if threewave is so dead that it would just be a total waste of time. Any thoughts?

it makes around 10 years i play it and since 4 or 5 years were around resu servrs.
each evening of week eastern time starting 9 or 10 pm for a few maps ..were still there and still the rudest qquake player alive.(oldschool taht most tried qlive and got nausea)
208.94.49.4:27988
http://www.quakeservers.net/quake3/servers/mod=tw/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.