Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        BEST ROCKET MOVIE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: BEST ROCKET MOVIE

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-03-2011 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

n1.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-16-2011 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's 2011

picmip 1 it

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 12-16-2011 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:Dm2

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-20-2011 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
it's 2011

picmip 1 it

Yep
Roger that ..

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's picmip 0. Picmip 1 is useless ...

I prefer picmip 7, though, it allows you to play much faster cause you can see stuff faster. Even a CRT monitor can't keep up with high speed play at high graphics settings, the phospors don't go from light to dark and vice versa quickly enough. I like a video to show how the game looked when you played it, so you are seeing what the player saw. That's a proper replay. Videos need higher framerate, not lower picmip.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:

I prefer picmip 7, though, it allows you to play much faster cause you can see stuff faster. Even a CRT monitor can't keep up with high speed play at high graphics settings, the phospors don't go from light to dark and vice versa quickly enough. I like a video to show how the game looked when you played it, so you are seeing what the player saw. That's a proper replay. Videos need higher framerate, not lower picmip.

Um, CRT monitors dont use phosphorus pixels, thats TFT screens you're thinking of. Oh, and welcome to 2011, where TFT screens have been fast enough for gaming in the past, oh, 10 years.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Um, CRT monitors dont use phosphorus pixels, thats TFT screens you're thinking of. Oh, and welcome to 2011, where TFT screens have been fast enough for gaming in the past, oh, 10 years.

Wikipedia wrote:
Phosphor persistence

Various phosphors are available depending upon the needs of the measurement or display application. The brightness, color, and persistence of the illumination depends upon the type of phosphor used on the CRT screen. Phosphors are available with persistences ranging from less than one microsecond to several seconds.[11] For visual observation of brief transient events, a long persistence phosphor may be desirable. For events which are fast and repetitive, or high frequency, a short-persistence phosphor is generally preferable.[12]

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode_ray_tube

TFTs are LCD which have the problem of blacks ghosting and smearing - see any LCD TV review of "oh, the past 10 years". Also they are reviewed on their black to white to black or grey to grey times. You must be thinking of refresh rates :dork: (So-called "refresh rates", cause it can hardly be called refreshed when anything dark hasn't changed yet.)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 02:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If your tv or computer monitor still suffers from ghosting then it may be time to buy a new, decent one

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i made a typo on the picmip

btw, i have an ACER x223w and no ghosting at all, still works like a charm.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-07-2012 01:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everyones right!!
i still prefer crt monitor to play games but i never tried the new flat screens model,
the first generation had a bad refresh rates and i need at least 120 hz at 1024+768 definition.
im sure the new ones handle that easly.Some Dac chip on some videocard have a certain compatibilty link with the refresh rates handeling of the monitor..ati can give 120 hz at very high definition.
can even go up to 200 hz..with high def...then on same monitor ..a geforce card will make the monitor rates out of range with a real low setting compared to the ati ..(both card are agp with same memory).Another thing to see that computer are not a exact science..

Last edited by funeralrosary on 05-08-2012 10:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe you want to check out my little project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPevZwBOS8c

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Horrible taste in music. What's wrong with you?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-20-2012 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Music choice somtimes ruin it, but his project is good for that kind of video with the avimotionpictures's blur and scene synchronisation for the way video fans like, the first movie shows more about the in-game actions. BOth movie style got good audience from its category fans: HArdcore gaming.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-06-2012 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[color=#FFFFBF][/color]
DTS wrote:

Exact,
your a techy that understands how monitor's refresh rates behave in a fast 3d environment .i got old equipment ( still on agp 8x) because i dont play anything taht suck more juice then q3 and doom3 ..i almost wanted to upgrade for grage but im waiting for doom4 to do so ..and yeah of course...when recording a demo ..it need to stay intact as if your still in the game before converting it to youtube format. why some of my video got bad definition is because youtube re-convert another time and depending of how the original file you uploaded been compressed, theyr own re-compressor will behave differently to each programs and setting u took to compile your video, that whats make it hard for the demo maker to be satisfied of the final result on youtube .
there is more wannabe players uploading there video then the good ones taht doesnt have time to do anything like this ..i dont read what they say .

Last edited by funeralrosary on 05-08-2012 10:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-06-2012 10:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

funeralrosary wrote:
DTS wrote:

Exact,
your a techy that understands .

and you're a bad judge of character.

edit:
also, change your font color. That purple is almost unreadable

cess primary
cess primary
PostPosted: 05-10-2012 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CA?? :olo: :down:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-08-2012 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zyte wrote:
CA?? :olo: :down:

what you like?...and why u dislike ca?
:confused:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.