Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Multiplayer Bugs

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Multiplayer Bugs

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-13-2011 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Please help me...when I play the game in single player, everything runs smoothly and nicely...but once I pick ANY Multiplayer server, the game just...gets buggy....I see most of the things as templates...for example, the crossair is a gray square, the railgun shots are the same kind of squares just stretched...i can't see the scores of the team since they are just gray boxes...a huge templatefest...and IDK why! I tried many servers, changed the compadibility mode of the game to XP SP 3, ran as administrator...nothing seems to work...as I said, the single player works...idk why I'm having these problems with the MP...please help me.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 12-13-2011 08:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Find the file called q3config.cfg then save it on a memory stick then delete the file.
Restart quake3 and it will generate a new q3config.cfg with the default settings.
If all is good then you can fiddlw with the settings for video screen size etc
try updating your video catd drivers.

Hello from South Africa boys . . Krugger Park is awesome

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-14-2011 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WTF SoM? Why did you move this to A&M? Just because axbaby is posting from South Africa, doesn't make him a spambot. He's not even a prince. What's wrong with you?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-21-2011 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i didn't, never even saw this thread in T&T

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.