Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        How to redirect Q3 server to my IP?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How to redirect Q3 server to my IP?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 05:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know that I ask for this awesome noob question, but the standard localhost (127.0.0.1) is on every computer, so the connection of other players is impossible...

How to redirect the localhost to the real IP address? What command I have to use?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

go to whatsmyip.org. give that ip to your friends to connect to
open the relevant ports in your firewall and/or router so they dont get blocked.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
go to whatsmyip.org. give that ip to your friends to connect to
open the relevant ports in your firewall and/or router so they dont get blocked.

I've tried to connect to the IP address, but it didn't work. Tried the 127.0.0.1 localhost IP and it works...

Well, the configuration of IP address and ports may be the through modem (we haven't router) or firewall, but need password what I don't know... I've allowed port 27960 (standard Q3 Internet port), but seem it haven't effect on IP configuration for game...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 07:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

trying to locally connect through your external ip wont work. get someone else outside of your network to connect to that ip.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
trying to locally connect through your external ip wont work. get someone else outside of your network to connect to that ip.

I had't server running, sorry... Try it now... The IP is 90.177.79.194
Tried it and it didn't work... It worked only with localhost (127.0.0.1)

Server shutted down. Tommorrow ;)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do not habe q3 installed, but im sure one of the guys here will check for you.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no worky for me, your lucky cause I was goonna open some woopass for you.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 01-25-2012 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try using +set dedicated 2 in the command line for the server

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-26-2012 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
try using +set dedicated 2 in the command line for the server

Yes, I have this command used, but seems the game uses localhost ip address (127.0.0.1)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-26-2012 06:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Server is running now again. Try to connect to IP 90.177.79.194 and it may be done.
If it doesn't work, then it's problem with ingame ip configuration...

Edit: The Z_Malloc buffer error occured, server shutted down...

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 01-26-2012 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well i'm not sure. 127.0.0.1 will work all the time regardless of what your server is setting it's address to. pm (private message) me the entire command line + the server config you're using and i'll take a look (if no one else solves it anyways)

i also recommend trying your server with a complete fresh install of quake 3, which afaik consists of quake3.exe, a baseq3 folder with pak0.pk3-pak8.pk3. Not to fix the ip problem, but mabye the z-malloc problem.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-27-2012 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
well i'm not sure. 127.0.0.1 will work all the time regardless of what your server is setting it's address to. pm (private message) me the entire command line + the server config you're using and i'll take a look (if no one else solves it anyways)

i also recommend trying your server with a complete fresh install of quake 3, which afaik consists of quake3.exe, a baseq3 folder with pak0.pk3-pak8.pk3. Not to fix the ip problem, but mabye the z-malloc problem.

I run server with q3wpak3 pk3 file. The Z_Malloc problem occured durinng server running (gameplay)...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.