Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Installing Quake III Arena on Win7 64 bit computer?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Installing Quake III Arena on Win7 64 bit computer?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-13-2012 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a quad-core 64 bit with Windows 7 Ultimate and am trying to install Q3A and it won't install. Running as admin and compatibility mode doesn't work either. Does anyone here know how to install this or can I not do it? I'd really like to play it again. Thank you...

EDIT: I didn't get it to install but I just created a folder on my C: drive and copied the files from the cd and it worked.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-14-2012 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same setup here, never had a problem installing Q3 on Win7 x64. Error msg would maybe help us more help you. If I remember correctly, the autorun of the CD crashed, but you could start the setup.exe manually from it and it installed fine.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-19-2012 04:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner but I got the game to work from just copying the files over from the cd. I never got it to install.

The error message said 'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your system blah blah blah.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.