Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        [CPMA] Quit server after one map is played

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [CPMA] Quit server after one map is played

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-24-2012 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to use Q3/CPMA for an experiment. I am currently working on a Python script that handles the logic of the experiment. I start Q3 from my Python script and load the game with a certain configuration file that specifies the server settings. This part runs smoothly. My question now is, how do I /quit the server after the first map has been played? That is, instead of having some kind map rotation logic, I want the server to disconnect and the game to exit (i.e. as if I enter /quit in the console).

I set the map in MyServer.cfg which is located in /cpma/cfgs/ by adding map q3dm1 in the end. I then start the game by calling quake3.exe with these parameters:

Code:
+nosplash +set fs_game cpma +exec cfgs/MyServer.cfg

I guess that my 'quitting after first map is played' logic needs to be incorporated in the MyServer.cfg file. I know that normal map rotations are handled with the nextmap command in VQ3 but I can't get this to work in CPMA.

I feel like I am missing something obvious -- this shouldn't be a problem. I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation, though. Can someone help?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-25-2012 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

`map <name>; set nextmap quit`?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-27-2012 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
`map <name>; set nextmap quit`?

I tried that and it didn't work. I tried this as well:
Code:
set nextmap quit
map q3dm1

Thinking that maybe the nextmap var has to be defined before or something. Didn't work either.

What is confusing me is that your solution works in VQ3. That's why I put the [CPMA] tag in front of the name of the topic... this has to be a CPMA-specific problem. Or do I miss something obvious?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.