Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Looking For ra3bots.zip

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking For ra3bots.zip

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 11:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am looking for the ra3bots.zip that contains the .aas files to play bots within Rocket Arena 3.

If anyone has this file, can you please upload it and provide a link, all download links I have found are broken.

Thanks,
WolfyBrandon

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used to have it but no more, apparently. You can generate the .aas files yourself with the bspc tool.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi ^misantropia^

Thanks for the reply. You "use" to have it? :( Damn, I really need it.

I found this...

http://www.quakeunity.com/file=300

Is that the bspc tool your talking about? I've never made any mods for quake 3 so I am unsure what it will take to generate those .aas files.

Is it possible you could generate the .aas files for me? Though if I could add bot support to maps that don't have it that would come in handy, I have a few maps that don't support bots that I would like to get working.

WolfyBrandon

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, that's the tool. I could generate the files for you but where's the fun in that? :-)

Besides, it's easy. You don't even have to unpack the .pk3, just run `bspc -forcesidesvisible -optimize -bsp2aas path/to/ra3maps.pk3/maps/*.bsp` from the command line.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the information,

I actually got in touch with someone who had the file, and it was e-mailed it to me. I have uploaded the file to the following website.

Ra3bots.zip
http://www.filehost.ws/brdvlu2qy6an

I will still download the tool so I have it whenever I need to generate .aas files.

WolfyBrandon

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-25-2012 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ra3 has support for bots?
are when?

old time
Ra3 Maps playing with Bots in CPMA not in Ra3.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.