Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Looking for INVISIBLE MOD -that affects the BOTS

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for INVISIBLE MOD -that affects the BOTS

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-18-2012 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:q3: I had a nice Invisible MOD for my Quake 3 and it made the bots also invisible. However- that was only
a 'quirk'. When I added the 1.32 point Release. My bots were normal again. When I took a POLL on about the New Server
108.178.55.219 Everyone voted for Invisible Bots! As it turns out- I am not able to offer that as I once thought.

**The Invisible Mod was meant ONLY as a SKin for the Player initially[/b]

Does anyone know of a Invisible BOT MOD? It worked for the 1.18 by a quirk. As we all know- almost nobody uses that mainstream. :cry: Any help / ideas would be most awesome..!

I included a SHOT of me facing a mirror in case you can't get a 'mental visual' of this. Image

[b]I tell you- it was a BITCH having unseen enemies but LOTS OF FUN!!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.178.55.219:27960
Imagehttp://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.178.55.219:27960

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-18-2012 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shit, I should have used this for training. Too bad this PC won't run :q3:. Maybe next time I have a PC that will run :q3: I'll try out invisible bot skins. Ask mappers/texture artists (see the level editing forum), I got an invisible skin from one before on IRC. I think I wanted it so I could take screenshots of a weapon from different angles. He was reluctant to give it over cause he thought it could be used for cheating :rolleyes:

P.S.
This woud be better posted in Q3A/QL Discussion.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-18-2012 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Shit, I should have used this for training. Too bad this PC won't run :q3:. Maybe next time I have a PC that will run :q3: I'll try out invisible bot skins. Ask mappers/texture artists (see the level editing forum), I got an invisible skin from one before on IRC. I think I wanted it so I could take screenshots of a weapon from different angles. He was reluctant to give it over cause he thought it could be used for cheating :rolleyes:

P.S.
This would be better posted in Q3A/QL Discussion.

Don't think I still don't get my ass fragged! To the Psyche one would like- hell yeah invisible.. Granted it has its advantages
but you still have a Weapon, Shadow & Nametag.. I can walk by or hide in areas , surely. In general the Nametag rats me out and I get fired upon no matter what. Its still easier to run past Players in a fight..! You can blend in a lot easier too. :olo: Sometimes, if you crouch and let go of the crouch button. They will think 'you' is just a weapon and walk up to you..Then you blast their ass! :olo: Again, back to the nametag & the player noticing somethings wrong and frag your ass! As you can see- though- it is cool as shit! I wanted to thank you as I took your advice and made a post in the Level Editing Area. :idea: HEY! If you want a weapon at different angles..Just use a MDL viewer!? That would work perfectly!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.178.55.219:27960
Imagehttp://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.178.55.219:27960

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.