Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Have you tried Domination on Quake Live?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Have you tried Domination on Quake Live?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-27-2012 07:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's fantastic game! I've watched Domination Sampler on map Limbus and have enjoyed the gameplay style.

You're welcome to play that gametype even you're standard member because of sampler server...
I strongly recommend to watch the gameplay first, learn and then join any team...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2012 02:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it like UT domination? If it is then I am a little bit moist and may even re-sign up to Quake Live again just to try it...!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-30-2012 02:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a pretty good Domination mod for Quake 3 as well, which is basically identical to UT99's Domination. Played it a lot. r3t even made a custom map for it.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-30-2012 03:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oooohhhhhhhhh

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-30-2012 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i always disliked UT's Domination. jus sayin

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-30-2012 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know what domination it's similar, haven't played domination even on UT or the domination mod itself (UT was too laggy, domination was broken)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-31-2012 10:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QL's idea of Domination is godawful... no items, spawn with all weapons, no self damage, etc.. Just another Rocket Arena-style steaming pile of crap.

Eraser wrote:
There's a pretty good Domination mod for Quake 3 as well, which is basically identical to UT99's Domination. Played it a lot. r3t even made a custom map for it.

'Tis a shame that mod only worked on older Q3 patches. There were also some other issues with it, though it's been a while so I can't remember what those problems were.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-31-2012 11:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, the most recent 1.2 version (which is from 2002 or so) works fine with 1.32. I think bots don't work well in the mod though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.