Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake 3 Arena CE on Dell PDA not working

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Arena CE on Dell PDA not working

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-07-2013 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I been having trouble trying to run Quake 3 Arena CE on my Dell X51V PDA. I did exactly what the install notes say but I get this

"The file 'Q3CE' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file."

I have basically converted the PAK0 file already using the converter it came with and put that in the baseq3 folder. I got the PAK0 file from the full game of Quake 3 Arena on my PC so it should work fine. All I can say that even after I converted the PAK0 file it still is around 440mb so it's a big file but I used a 2GB SD card so I have enough room. The PAK0 file is updated since I was using the latest version of the game on my PC.

I have Windows Mobile 5 on my PDA now basically the original OS that came with the X51V. Also I took the libgles_cm.dll file out since my PDA has hardware acceleration.

This is what I have inside my Q3A folder on my 2GB SD card but doesn't work for some reason.

q3ce.exe
gx.dll
baseq3\q3config.cfg
baseq3\pak0.pk3
baseq3\cgamearm.dll
baseq3\qagamearm.dll
baseq3\uiarm.dll

I did load WM 6.1 but the game didn't work on that eather.

So I did restore back to WM 5.0 since that was the original OS that came with the PDA. I did only wanted to test to see if the 6.1 would work but it didn't same thing happened.

Now there must be something wrong that I did since it doesn't work but all I know is that I put the q3ce.exe and gx.dll file in the Q3A folder and made a new folder called baseq3 and put q3config.cfg, pak0.pk3, cgamearm.dll, qagamearm.dll, uiarm.dll

But that seems to not work since I got the error message. I really need help on this guys. Thanks

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.