Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake 3 Arena - smaller information texts possible?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Arena - smaller information texts possible?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-20-2013 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The dafault size of these informations on the screen (1280x1024) are absolutely horific - so huge:

...what is the configuration option that bring size of these oversized letters down and disable the score information as well? ...and maybe even the characters head, lol, not need... ;) I did not have time to look at anything alway, during playing... lol :lol:

I was under the impression, that changing:

seta ui_bigFont "0.4"
seta ui_smallFont "0.25"
to
seta ui_bigFont "0.1"
seta ui_smallFont "0.08"

...should have some impact. But none was observed. It just ignore these settings... What to do?
And what if someone want the scoreboard gone, but not all the other infos, like ammo, health and armor?

http://www.joz3d.net/html/q3console.html
cg_drawIcons "1" - "toggle the drawing of any icons on the HUD and scoreboard!"

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-20-2013 11:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Setting cg_draw2d to 0 removes all 2D hud elements. Other than that I don't think you can do what you want.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-21-2013 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The ui_bigFont/ui_smallFont cvars are only used in Team Arena to apply font scale ranges to the different font sets. No you can't scale the HUD or pick and choose which elements to hide in standard Q3.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-02-2013 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn. So I'm stuck with these oversized ones?

What can be done?

And is there a way to get Q3 correctly render to 1280x1024 - eg. not missing the 80 pixels or so to the right?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-20-2013 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1280
r_customheight 1024

And use ioQuake3

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.