Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Widescreen Quake

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Widescreen Quake

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-22-2014 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello guys, a little warsow player says hi.
So basically I'm having the issue that I am using a widescreen monitor. I found the commands that I need to use in order to set the resolution. (put it in my autoexec)

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1920
r_customheight 1080

Okay. But now I still have 2 black bars on each side of my monitor. Even tho this is my resolution. Fix?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-23-2014 10:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is thuis the case when playing a game as well? I know te menus render in a 4:3 aspect ratio. When in a game, the viewport should be stretched to fill the entire screen.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-15-2014 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is this fixed, i am having the same problem

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-15-2014 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

okay i found out what it is if anyone is curious its

r_mode -2 and
vid_restart

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-25-2015 02:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I still have 2 black bars on each side of my monitor.

Our excellent online learnalanguage - learn italian training programs will lead you to success in the We als offer latest and learn swedish with 100% success guarantee. Our E-spanyol is rare in IT world. Columbia University

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-27-2015 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have the following in my cfg and it works fine for me

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customheight "1080"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_fullscreen "1"

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.