Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Looking for a Quake 3 Arena mod (forgot the name)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for a Quake 3 Arena mod (forgot the name)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2014 06:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm looking for a Quake 3 mod that I downloaded some time ago and then somehow lost. Sadly, I forgot the mod's name, so here is as much information as I can possibly remember:

It is a single player mod, with all new maps. If I'm not mistaken, there is 5 or 6 tiers. It is not a TC, the gameplay is identical to the original Quake 3.
The menu has a green background color, instead of black.
The bots are custom skins of the original Quake 3 characters (at least some of them).
Not too sure about this one, but it seems to me that the on the very first arena you play against a magenta-colored Crash. The music playing on that arena is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku6bYX2VyMs

It seems that its a relatively popular mod, so if someone knows what I'm talking about, please let me know.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-26-2014 02:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It wasn't SpitterBot or something like that, was it? Just made the enemy AI better (they didn't miss..)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-26-2014 02:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think you're talking about that one mod that was dedicated to make it look like q3test (e.g. purple plasma, lensflares). It also had new tiers and such.
obviously I can't remember the name but this might point you in the right direction.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-27-2014 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I think you're talking about that one mod that was dedicated to make it look like q3test (e.g. purple plasma, lensflares). It also had new tiers and such.
obviously I can't remember the name but this might point you in the right direction.

I don't think it's that one cause that didn't have a green menu background.
Anyway that was called Lost Arena.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-27-2014 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh right, Lost Arena!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-01-2014 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lost Arena isn't the one I'm looking for, but it still looks like and interesting mod to check out. Still trying to find that other one though.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.