Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Forgot the name of a mod that I used to play.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Forgot the name of a mod that I used to play.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-12-2014 05:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello guys, id like to start with being sorry about my English due I'm still learning the language.
Back to the topic:

I have been playing this game when I was a child on daily basics, when I discovered the multiplayer option I went nuts.
I have been playing in a lot of servers and so on until I found the perfect mod to play in and I really enjoyed it.

That's what I remember from the mod.

1.There were 2 teams "Blue/Red"
2.You had only the laser gun( the one that is just 1 shot kill in most cases.)
3.When you shot some one with it, it did not kill him only frozen him. As a teammate if you saw someone from your team like that you had to stand next to him for 2 seconds and then he would've been free.
4. The melee used to drop a blue ball(?) that looked like the plazma gun, You couldv'e used it in order to teleport to that ball/bullet location.

I really would like to know what's the name of the mod for good times and so on.

P.S
Is there any recommended mods?

Thanks a lot for the help!

CookieDude.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-12-2014 10:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a game mode called "Freeze Tag" and it sounds like you were running it in instagib mode.

There are various implementations of Freeze Tag. The first is the original Freeze Tag mod itself, but there are better ones, such as "Ultra Freeze Tag" (uFreeze), which is basically a continuation of the original Freeze Tag mod by a different author and it has a boat load of additional features. In my opinion it's the best Freeze Tag mod ever created. Then there's also the Freeze Tag modes in the OSP and CPMA mods. So pick your choice :)

Oh, I'm not sure where the teleportation thing come from, I can't exactly remember that. May have been a feature of Ultra Freeze Tag I forgot about, but I doubt it.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-14-2014 02:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alright thanks a lot!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-11-2015 08:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are various implementations of Freeze Tag. The first is the original Freeze Tag mod itself, but there are better ones, such as "Ultra Freeze Tag" (uFreeze), which is basically a continuation of the original Freeze Tag mod by a different author and it has a boat load of additional features. In my opinion it's the best Freeze Tag mod ever created. Then there's also the Freeze Tag modes in the OSP and CPMA mods. So pick your choice :)

We provide guarantee to pass ccnp routing and switching with online exam training a plus training and ccna labs - pass-4-sure you can also get coloradotech.edu along with pba for your guaranteed success.

Last edited by waleedi on 01-27-2015 10:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-19-2015 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.