Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake Live Infected servers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Live Infected servers

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 01:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last I play honest Infected servers, it's fun and allows to climb high in the scores :) Also it is the only mode that unofficially allows camping. Climb high to not much available place with other players and gun down zombies trying to get there to bite you :) I mostly like map Silent Fright (Halloween remake of Overlord) as it allows to win round for more players :)

My goal is to ask you, what do you think about Infected in Quake Live and how it affects your statistics? Do you think it should be definitely kept in the game or you want to remove Infected modification from the Red Rover gametype? I think there should be definitely kept the option of Infected modification and give players more fun making more Infected servers as well, just to enlarge amout of players that can join that unique and fun game :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-25-2014 02:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does it have blood in it? Cause I know they took the blood out of :q3: for QL. Zombies without blood seem wierd, but I don't like zombies stuff anyway.
Have you played Metal Slug 3? That had zombies projectile blood vomiting, which was... interesting.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-25-2014 03:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, it feels better in Q3 mod, unfortunately there are not much people that play Q3 online and I think this mod doesn't run any server. Since QL became popular for online gaming, devs added Infected modifiation as an option for server settings, only for Red Rover gametype. There are running two servers with Infected, now, only one bot is in the game and it is Mastermind, which is also real registered player that doesn't play Red Rover, nor Infected anymore. This bot is included as infection origin. Every 30 seconds infection spreads and living player lowest in the scoreboard is automatically eliminated/infected. Mastermind will infect players with his plasmagun, having unlimited ammo for it. When you kill Mastermind (well he has 700 HP so he is tough one to get down), you can grab his plasmagun, however with limited ammo, so you have to save it just for fight with Mastermind. Once you are infected and gunned down by survivals, you will not spawn living again, instead you will respawn as zombie again with 150 HP, with just gauntlet, you can not grab any weapon and your model is forced to Bones. Your gauntlet has greater scale of pummel, you can grab down survival by jumping and pummeling below a ledge. Last survival(s) wins the round, eighter when he is also infected. Pretty fun game, tough there are no such nice effects like blood for this mod :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.