Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Help: Failing at Slow-Paced Map?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 

Which are the most common (and biggest) errors commited by noobs that can lead people to lose?
Bad or rare use of strafing  5%  [ 1 ]
Little jumping and bunnyhopping  11%  [ 2 ]
Predictable paths  17%  [ 3 ]
Small gunz!  5%  [ 1 ]
Not worrying about health  5%  [ 1 ]
Worrying about ammo or spending it too much  5%  [ 1 ]
Walking in straight directions  5%  [ 1 ]
Sitting stay like a duck  17%  [ 3 ]
Obsession to bidimensional movement  5%  [ 1 ]
Slow trigger!  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 17
Topic Starter Topic: Help: Failing at Slow-Paced Map?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-17-2015 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need the help of pros. Yes, you :alert: FREAKIN HEARD IT :alert: , of the biggest pros (if any is better than me), to spot and "bug report" (lol) my errors that lead me to fail in the first moments of the following demo. With time I start building up neat skilling and start scoring a bit, but I still think it was a bit too lacky of skills for one semi-pro (like me)...
https://mega.co.nz/#!JIQwURyI!om7HgN1-i ... uFK8lBe9BM
Want more demos from me? But want to see me doing nightmare at bots? Include your answer in the end of the posts inside spoilers and then I put the links in the next post depending on votes!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-18-2015 06:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, I submitted inrecipient opinions (before looking at the demo). What version of Quake 3 do you use? 1.32 sticks to client network version 68, which should demo file extension reflect. You are using client network version 66, which says you are using older point release. Latest official point release is 1.32 with patch 1.32c and it is downloadable from official id Software sites for free (without actual Q3 game data, however)...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-22-2015 02:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Either way, it normally don't happen with me to that bad skilling (at the start, I got better near the mid) but either way there's nothing to do but train a little more. :) Do you want me to show some nice demos of me "rocking out" and doing about four times reflection time?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-20-2015 08:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah four times because 0.25 / 1 = 4!!!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-21-2015 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gustavo6046 wrote:
0.25 / 1 = 4!!!

Math wizard

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-21-2015 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oops, I meant 1 / 0.25, but anyway you don't know what does 0.25 have to do with this. Anyway I think I am gonna slip a sip.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.