Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        How to disable CD Key Check before :q3: 1.09 multiplayer

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How to disable CD Key Check before :q3: 1.09 multiplayer

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it possible to disable the CD key check before a :q3: 1.09 multiplayer match? The demotest executable is @: https://mega.nz/#!R980yL7Z

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even with a false CD key check (and CD key check bypass), you will need CD to play in that version. Upgrade your Q3 to point release 1.32 (and then 1.32c - just executable) and you won't need CD to play anymore. I believe the q3 CD is not available today, only when someone would like to sell through Ebay...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can play locally without CD & it is fine though... It explicitly says NOT to make CDs of it on the title screen. See: Image

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 09:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh that version is a pre-release version for testing purposes. There is no CD key check in there, as it was freely available for download. The full retail release of Q3A was version 1.11 if I remember correctly.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 09:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you can obtain original final release (the 1.11 version, original full installation), install that, then upgrade to version 1.32 - game executable and stuff (and later 1.32c which is only executable) to be able to play most of new maps on most of new servers or just offline for fun ;)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 12-09-2015 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I want to use th@ version on the interwebz - apparently it can fetch the master server still - I would love to play on a server using it, just th@'s the only problem. I have EVERY SINGLE VERSION of :q3: available, including the IHV & the unofficial test. I have played them all. I even have a version for the Voodoo5 with motion blur & also a version of 1.08 with Ranger & Doom as well. [offtopic] Also, your downloads page says this CZghost: „Nejkrásnější ze všech tajemství je být géniem a vědět to jen sám.“ Mark Twain [/offtopic] & I meant bypassing this when I go to connect with someone else using 1.09: https://mega.nz/#!x1tWTRYb!-JopgVds7-dafrWcZo8kkc0gnCGIXqNMJ6IicqCH_XE

Last edited by coltonquake3 on 01-13-2016 04:06 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-10-2015 07:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

coltonquake3 wrote:
Also, your downloads page says this CZghost: „Nejkrásnější ze všech tajemství je být géniem a vědět to jen sám.“ Mark Twain

That's actualy empty FTP download directory on my sites. It shall be filled with some stuff later. It says actualy Nejkrásnější ze všech tajemství je být géniem a vědět to jen sám. Mark Twain somewhat incorrectly encoded, which is translated The most beatiful thing of secrets is to be a genius and to be the only one to know it. - A quotation of Mark Twain's quote, courtesy of hosting Apache software. Simply do not care about that :)

Also Eraser said that this version do not need any bypass, but it's so outdated version that almost nobody has it. It's a bit rare to see somebody to still playing Q3 beta with friends :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 12-10-2015 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I guess th@ means I have to disassemble the executable & do it myself, I guess...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-11-2015 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, that means you will need somewhat obtain original q3 CD (final release, good luck these days) and upgrade to version 1.32 using point release (downloadable from id software's ftp websites). You haven't to overwrite your q3 veta version, if you want to still play with friends, though, you can have multiple copies of q3 both same versions or different on your local disk, it's really small game in the data volume cost meaning :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.