Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake III Arena Map idea

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake III Arena Map idea

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new in the forum, I have an idea for a map, a map of mirrors would like the picture

the mirror material could be obtained in q3dm0 map; my question is if anyone would make the map, I'm also very busy lately I have too much skill on the theme of maps.

Thank for reading :)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

only 1 reflection possible
any more HOM ensues

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 02:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Theftbot is right, but I reckon Q3 renders the mirror completely black if there's multiple mirrors in the same VIS area?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 09:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's impossible to do that in Q3 engine, but it would be cool. It may fry your CPU and GPU, but it's okay :) I tried to do infinite hallow by using mirrors (like real world one does), but suddenly I saw it doesn't work at all. I see only reflection of the mirror I am looking to and the reflected mirror renders HOM effect (void). It's great visual effect, that works only in real world, in computer, there must be always some limit. In Q3 it's one mirror to one VIS area and that prevents from frying your motherboard :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 01-01-2016 08:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't forget, that if it could be possible, it wouldn't have the slight green shifting as you go down the reflections.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.