Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Need help with an ADP file

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Need help with an ADP file

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can someone help me extract the audio from this adp for me please? I haven't been able to get adxtract working. Here's the adp if you guys want it: https://mega.nz/#!t0lAxCTb!MZMEFMi3_Cmd ... _3qXHuahSY

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-06-2016 11:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why does the file have extension of Microsoft Access Database Project? What format it actualy is?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-07-2016 12:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Colton: Are you sure it is really an audio file? It is too small even to compressed audio, especially if it is supposed to be music. Looks like it's rather a pointer to sound files rather than just container. I've tried to convert it to WAV with Format Factory, but it resulted in crappy noise. It's even less than second long. I think it is something like CDA files on Audio CD, which are just pointers to the binary data (PCM 44.1 kHz 16bit digital audio data). They are too small to carry audio data, but they actualy point to actual audio data hidden on invisible session and can carry additional informations (like track name, interpret, album name, etc, like MP3 tags do). I think your music which you are looking for is hidden somewhere else in the game and the ADP file works like a pointer to the music. Try to investigate game's EXE binary code in both hexadecimal editor (watch for WAV or other audio formats headers), or try to use Resource Editor, load up the game's EXE and seek for audio. Do not change anything! Just use extract function. If there is nothing, try to seek for game packs. In worst, you can ask Google to where is actual music of your game located. I'm sure you will be able to get the answer...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-07-2016 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do about it CZghost. EDIT: It seems the header has "ADP1" & from there, it's garbage. Meaning this could be an unknown format yet to be discovered. Someone should be able to figure out how we could convert it into wav. If you want to know, it's from the Sega Dreamcast version of :q3:.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-08-2016 03:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's not actually a sound file. Even compressed it wouldn't be that small. My guess is that the file is not complete or it is not sound file.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2016 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll try and see if I can get a full version of it, then I'll post back with the results.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-10-2016 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just as I suspected, it's an unknown format of audio, because it plays just fine on the DC version. It SEEMS to be too small, but it definitely is one. And because the rest is garbage (I don't see any paths in there with the hex editor!), that's real audio data, thus it's an unknown format of audio. I think you probably didn't get that size doesn't matter, CZghost. Just so you know.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-10-2016 11:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-11-2016 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is one of the sound effects for dc_map19. That link is for at least half the DC music which plays in the background while you're playing the map.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-12-2016 05:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh ok.
Might be useful to define what the sound is supposed to be. CZGhost thought it was supposed to be music so he dismissed it when he saw it was less than a second long.

So what is the sound anyway. Should we be looking for a buzz, a whoosh, a what?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-12-2016 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The sound we're looking for here is this: http://soa.site.nfoservers.com/server/s ... ertube.wav

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, we found a short sound effect (looped). Why the hell I though it should be music? :olo:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 11:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might be because you're used to music being extracted out of an ADP file (or out of any audio file for that manner), CZghost.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never heard about ADP sound file before :olo:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-15-2016 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You haven't?! Oh well, it makes sense, it isn't very common anyways to have audio in such a container...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.