Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        HUNKMEGS PROBLEM?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: HUNKMEGS PROBLEM?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just reinstalled quake 3 arena after a seriously long hiatus from the game.Im intending on reinstalling Urban Terror I dunno how popular that is these days,but when I went to run quake 3 arena it came up with the error "hunk data failed to allocate 256 megs" . Now I know my system is even more capable than it was when I originally installed the game.
Would anyone be able to advise me to correct this please?
Thank you very much
GMF

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try starting Q3A from the shell - or through the Run command - with +set com_hunkmegs 64. You don't really need more unless you're going to (play custom maps|use custom models).

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry to sound so stupid but how do I access the "run command"?
Cheers for the assisstance

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In Windows: Start -> Run -> "x:\path\to\quake3 +set com_hunkmegs 64"

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 01:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Right-click on your Q3 shortcut and select properties. Add +set com_hunkmegs 64 to the end of the the target field.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheers so much for your help i really do appreciate it.I did try both methods n yet pc said specified target was invalid.
GMF

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 05:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why not just change it into the q3config, located like;
C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3
open q3config with wordpad, and edit this line or should i say replace this line;
seta com_hunkmegs "64"

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 07-11-2005 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or even in the console.

Ingame press ~ then type in: /com_hunkmegs 64

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks very much to everyone who offered advice.And cheers dan1407 I edited the file and now it works!Time to relearn the game.

GMF

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.