Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Driving myself crazy trying to remember a shareware mac game

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Driving myself crazy trying to remember a shareware mac game

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 12-06-2006 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok I've been driving myself crazy trying to remember this nutty mac shareware game I used to play all the time about ten years ago--maybe you guys can help.

Basically, it worked kind of like Robotron 2084, where you controlled the hero from a semi-top-down view. The playing field wrapped both vertically and horizontally (if you walked off the right side, you came in on the left, if you walked off the bottom, you came in on the top). The field was green, and I get the distinct feeling there were mushrooms everywhere. The hero was in some kind of little haz-mat suit or something (I'm fuzzy on this). The goal was to collect these little golden guys, the little golden guys would spawn randomly and move around randomly, you had to try and get them before the monsters did. I remember there was this one kind of monster that if it got the golden guy, then this shitty purple contageon would start to spread, like a gas cloud or a fungus or something. If you touched the contageon, you would turn purple and lose control of your dude, and you would spread the contamination more, and it was basically bad. I remember that you couldn't do anything about the purple fungus contamination unless you got the super-powerup (which I can't really remember how that happened). When you got the super-powerup, your hero dude would get fuckin huge, like fill the screen, and he would carve out that shape from the fungus mass and you would be ok for a bit. But then the fungus mass would get growing again.

Anyway, is any of this familiar to any other mid-to-late-90's mac guys?

btw cocks
btw cocks
PostPosted: 12-06-2006 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 12-06-2006 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lols im going to check it out - you getting back to your roots?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.