Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        MacBook won't start...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: MacBook won't start...

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 02-15-2007 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I already know that my most likely option for this is to call Apple, but I thought I'd see if maybe someone knows of some easy fix so I can avoid the hassle...

Basically, my MacBook won't boot. I turn it on, the power light turns on, I hear the fans spin, the optical drive makes some noise, the screen flashes briefly... and then nothing. It sits with a blank screen forever.
The optical drive makes some repetitive noises like it's trying to read a disc, but that's it.

I've tried unplugging it, taking the battery out, closing the screen, etc. My gut tells me it's a hard drive issue, but that seems unlikely since I've only had it for about 3 months.

Any suggestions before I call the Apple folks?

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 02-16-2007 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boot the hardware diagnostic disc so it can tell you everything is cool. If you can't boot the disc you know something is fucked.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.