Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        OSP server configuration

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: OSP server configuration

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 04:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK...

I've been using the search button for like over an hour now, but I still haven't found a solution to my problem.

Whenever i try to generate a config, there's no big problem. If i click on "Spawn Listen"... no problem either.

So now I open up Quake 3 Arena, open my console and type "/exec server"... The server should open with the selected and modified cvars and so on. Here's the problem though. Q3A doesn't load any of the modified settings. Instead, it loads the default q3dm17 map.

Could someone help me out for a bit? And if there's no obvious solution to it, could someone send me a server.cfg so i can run a private railgun server for me and my friends? (including the "splash-damage jumps" with railgun)

Thanks.
Thanh~

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 05:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try saving the config with a more unique name.

There might be a config with that name in one of the .pk3 files already, and it'd run that one instead of your custom one.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions? Also, IF i get the server started the way it's supposed to be, how do I make sure that the Railgun gives me a splash-damage jump-like effect?)

Thanks in advance again :p

Thanh~

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 05:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm. Try popping open the .cfg you made with notepad and read through the settings it applied. If you set it to start up on a particular map, then you would expect to see:
\map q3dm6
in there somewhere (or whatever the name of the map you wanted was).

As for the railgun jumpy thing, not sure. Is that even an OSP feature?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 05:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, it says:

map "q3dm17"

But all the weapons still spawn on the ground, I don't spawn with a railgun, instead, I spawn with the machinegun and the gauntlet. I still get self-damage from splash-damage jumps (with rocket ofcourse). And other things that are actually default.

The whole problem isn't connecting to the server. It's modifying the settings to what I want them to be. (e.g. removing weapon spawns, armorspawns, enabling the hook, etc)

I played on a server called -=QWERT=- which had a nice server config. (as in: everything i want. Railgun-jumps, grappling hook, semi-rapidfire railgun, etc..)

QWERT, If you're active on these forums, could you lend me a hand?

Any helping help is welcome to be honest.

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any suggestions.
Thanh~

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-01-2007 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WTB EDIT BUTTON!!! :p

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-12-2007 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think that u are talking about the server in the *.txt so after u type all what u want of server cmdz u can change the format easilt by just renaming to *.cfg and when u type /exec *.cfg put a ctf not just the name i was facing the same problem and it might enter and get you out also lolol :D

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-12-2007 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanh wrote:
splash-damage jumps" with railgun)

That doesn't exist in Osp. Try the "Corkscrew" mod.

To make this simple...load up a ffa regular server with a .cfg you made with your Osp Config Generator, and when in game \callvote instagib 1.
I could tell you how to change all of the weapons to railguns on the map...but I suggest you read through the osp/Docs folder just like I did. Then you'll know it all. :icon25:

To run a listen server you need to make a batch file (server.bat) and have this on it:

cd ..
start quake3.exe +set fs_game osp +set dedicated 0 +exec server.cfg

Boot the server with the bat...change the server.cfg to whateveryourservercfgnameis.cfg

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.