Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Looking for lava textures

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for lava textures

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I recently found myself looking for some custom lava textures. I wanted to have a quite big lava pool in my map but it just looks horrible with IDs lava textures since their resolution is pretty low. Does anyone here know about a texture set including high res lava textures?

-cit

Swift and Deadly
Swift and Deadly
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if this is will help you or not but Kat has some lava textures on his site: Lava.
Also, might want to check sock's website, he might have some there, not sure though.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat's texture most likely looks better in q4. I am also not sure what shader I should use for this one.

Afaik, sock doesn't have any lava textures on his site - gonna look again though.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a couple which make up a nice pure flowing lava(no cracks/rocks etc), ill upload later.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Kat's texture most likely looks better in q4...
Yeah they do, but they'll burn you to death in either case ;)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 06-07-2010 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 06-08-2010 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks guys, all the textures are nice but I just can't seem to make the lava look nice in the way I wanted to use it. At least we have some stuff archived here, maybe somebody will make use of it later. :)

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 06-08-2010 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

these are what i could find of my custom ones that ive found online.. a few of them are a bit grainy....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1a4m60

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.