The last movie you saw

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
xer0s

Re: The last movie you saw

Post by xer0s »

Hangover: Part II 7/10

Funny. Not quite as good as the first.
Ryoki

Post by Ryoki »

Hangover part 2 4/10

Uninspired remake of the first one. Of course one goes into this movie expecting exactly that, and you can't really blame em for repeating a successful thing i suppose, but jesus - it's almost a literal copy. And everything that worked in the first movie doesn't at all in this one because you already know what's going to happen / what happened in every sodding scene...

Don't know why i kept watching really.
[size=85][color=#0080BF]io chiamo pinguini![/color][/size]
fKd

Post by fKd »

13 assassins, 2010 japanese samuri film - 8.5/10 well worth the watch if ya like japanese cinema

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436045/
Captain

Post by Captain »

Pirates 4 - 5/10

Nothing memorable about this and they even reused all the music from At World's End. Minus point for obvious cliffhanger ending.
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Super 8 8/10

Spielberg only produced, but it felt like his early directing days. It had almost an E.T. feel to the whole film. The train wreck scene was amazing...
LawL

Post by LawL »

Thick, solid and tight in all the right places.
Captain

Post by Captain »

K-PAX - 9/10

Excellent.
GONNAFISTYA

Post by GONNAFISTYA »

Pirates Of The Caribbean Worthless Sequel #3 = 0/10 - No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Johnny Depp is knee-deep in shit projects the last year or so...wtf happened to him?

X Men First Class = 3/10 - Who the fuck cares about this series anymore?

The Way Back = 5/10 - An interesting story but boring.

Hangover 2 = 1/10 - I think I laughed once...during the end credits.

Sniper: Reloaded = 0/10 - Hahahahahahahaaaaa.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 = 0/10 - You'll only care if you're gay.

Fast And Furious 5 = 0/10 - I turned it off after 20 minutes. Total shit.

As you can see, I've been blessed with seeing nothing but garbage movies the last while...and tomorrow I'm going to see Super 8 and since it's a Steven Spielberg film it'll most likely be another POS that I'll rate 0/10. :down:

Yay Hollywood summer flicks. :puke:
Ryoki

Post by Ryoki »

All that garbage is no good for the soul... I advise you download a little Norwegian gem called Trollhunter, it'll cheer you right up! :up:

Tropa de Elite 2 - 6/10
Not nearly as good as the first one, where the biggest trick they pull is forcing the viewer into feeling sympathy for a fascist cunt. There was also the frail black recruit with the glasses who looked and felt totally out of place in his squad, but halfway the movie he had magically transformed into a mean bastard who got a rush out of kicking down doors and slapping people around. Which was enjoyable to watch.

In part 2, we see how mr fascist takes over the command of BOPA and attempt to crush the system of corruption in Brasilia, only to see his cunning plans fail miserably... probably due to him not being enough of a fascist cunt. This time around however, you don't feel any sympathy for him - and the whole thing kind of falls flat.

Lot of violent, nasty scenes of vavela shootouts though, so there's that.
[size=85][color=#0080BF]io chiamo pinguini![/color][/size]
Tsakali

Post by Tsakali »

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
As you can see, I've been blessed with seeing nothing but garbage movies the last while...and tomorrow I'm going to see Super 8 and since it's a Steven Spielberg film it'll most likely be another POS that I'll rate 0/10. :down:
I would strongly advice against it, but being that you're on a masochistic quest, this movie is like a cock-ring with electrodes directly plugged in 220v, so you'll love it.
Don Carlos

Post by Don Carlos »

GONNAFISTYA wrote:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 = 0/10 - You'll only care if you're gay.
Did you not enjoy the story of the 3 brothers? I thought the art direction of it was exquisite
plained

Post by plained »

i've been specing that old series

Have Gun Will Travel

really enjoying it!
it is about time!
GONNAFISTYA

Post by GONNAFISTYA »

Don Carlos wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 = 0/10 - You'll only care if you're gay.
Did you not enjoy the story of the 3 brothers? I thought the art direction of it was exquisite
Dude I barely remember anything from the movie.
GONNAFISTYA

Post by GONNAFISTYA »

The Mechanic = 4/10 - Yet another assassin movie about an assassin who's fucked over by his superiors and appears to die at the end but doesn't. Oops...spoiler alert.

Super 8 = 2/10 - It takes almost an hour to get going and tries so hard to be like E.T. in both feel and cinematography but is so lame you really want it to be over by the 1 hour 10 minute mark. Stephen Spielberg and J.J.Abrams officially suck ass in my book (the show Lost intimated that J.J.Abrams sucked ass but this movie seals the deal). It seems as if Spielberg went through a checklist of "scenes/shots that were in my popular movies" and just slapped them into the script while J.J.Abrams seems to want an annoying buck-toothed kid in everything he makes.

...and since there's so much mindless retardation and shitloads of military stuff I have almost no doubt that Michael Bay probably had creative input into this POS as well.
Wabbit

Post by Wabbit »

True Grit 9/10.

I thought Jeff Bridges did a great job and I was glad the Cohen brothers made it true to the book.
LawL

Post by LawL »

Your Highness. Terribly unfunny. 4/10
brisk

Post by brisk »

Insidious
2/10

More like hideous, amirite? Really though, i've never seen so much cliche and cheese all wrapped into a single 2 hours borefest. The 2nd and 3rd acts in particular were just laughable and not in a good way. Genuinely one of the worst horror films i've ever seen.

Naked Lunch
5/10

Been meaning to watch this for a while and despite being both a Burroughs and Cronenberg fan, this just left me rather flat. Obviously it's surreal and nonsensical, so watching it with any kind of preconception that you'll understand a single thing going on is a recipe for disaster, but I was just rather bored with it all by the end. Good performances, but it didn't grip me in the same way as Lynch does.
Plan B

Post by Plan B »

Drive Angry

Bullshit over the top gory shitfest parasiting on the grindhouse hype.
I enjoyed it!

7/10
LawL

Post by LawL »

brisk wrote:Insidious
2/10

More like hideous, amirite? Really though, i've never seen so much cliche and cheese all wrapped into a single 2 hours borefest. The 2nd and 3rd acts in particular were just laughable and not in a good way. Genuinely one of the worst horror films i've ever seen.
Agreed. It had been touted as a proper creepy, "scary" kind of horror so I was quite looking forward to it. Went to the cinema to see it too so double fail.
GONNAFISTYA

Post by GONNAFISTYA »

Sucker Punch = 6/10 - A complete mess story-wise but slightly entertaining and full of hot women.

Crazy Heart = 8/10 - I can see why Jeff Bridges won the Oscar for this role. A good film...even if (like me) you're not into country music. The movie has a very "The Wrestler" vibe to it.
feedback

Post by feedback »

Source Code 9/10 at the first ending, 8/10 after.
I love quake!
Wabbit

Post by Wabbit »

I...

For some reason, I own this movie :( I'm hoping it's not on purpose.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

I want to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in the cinema. but apparently this 3D thing is all the rage so theyre not showing the oldskool 2D version around here.
wtf bros amirite ?
o'dium

Post by o'dium »

Red Faction: Origins - Not half bad for a made for TV movie, managed to be better than 90% of the pap they shove into cinemas... Has the making of a decent TV series.
LawL

Post by LawL »

MKJ wrote:I want to see Kung Fu Panda 2 in the cinema. but apparently this 3D thing is all the rage so theyre not showing the oldskool 2D version around here.
wtf bros amirite ?
wtf