Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 07-23-2011 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this any good or complete shit? :paranoid: It's a macro pic I took with my old pentax optio s30 3.2MP compact camera.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 07-23-2011 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really digging those old shots mr phant!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-23-2011 11:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Is this any good or complete shit? [/img]

Yes, DRuM, I am leaning toward the macro world atm and I like it :up:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-08-2011 08:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Avocado Seed.

Sourced from a 293 megapixel image. Photoshop file takes up 3.5GB of disc space.

The avocado seed is about 2" in height. To illustrate the sheer size of the original image, this is a 1/4 inch crop scaled down to 25% from original resolution:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-12-2011 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did they use one of those robotic tripods to take this pic?

Interesting to look back through this thread - I forgot how awesome FanaticX's work is.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 08-12-2011 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah i was wondering about him

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-12-2011 07:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
Did they use one of those robotic tripods to take this pic?

That's the right idea, the object is placed on a table top with the camera hooked up to motors. Lighting is just from an array of desk lamps that I placed around the object reflecting off a home made light box.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-16-2011 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really hoping Yeahso has some riot shots...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-16-2011 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was probably too busy rioting and stealing plasma TV's himself.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-16-2011 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He should take a self portrait with his loot.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 08-16-2011 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting my parent's neighbour's old enlarger and developing gubbins this weekend, apparently it cost hundreds when they bought it. Dad rescued it from them when he saw them throwing it away.

I can't wait :D.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-17-2011 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some shots from last month's week in yellowstone.

PostPosted: 08-17-2011 03:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So what was running through your head when you saw that bear???

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-17-2011 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That the little fucker had better check himself before he wrecked himself.
A guy was killed right by where we stayed by a grizzly the day we showed up - right where I was going to go shoot the sunrise the following morning. I wish I could have had a chance to shoot a grizzly a little closer, but the only grizzlies I saw were about 1.5 miles away - 3 of them over a dead bison with 2 wolves trying to move in on the kill.

The black bears are all over the place, I saw about 12 or so in the few days we were there. They are more docile but have killed as well. That bear shot was taken in the evening, light wasn't good - iso was high. Ran right past me - I was standing alongside my car and then jumped back in when it started to come across the bridge.

PostPosted: 08-17-2011 03:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:

The black bears are all over the place

so yellowstone is a pretty slum-like area... government funded living for them, what can ya expect :(

you're brave though, I watched The Edge the other day and NO WAY will I bother to photograph a bear.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-17-2011 11:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice pics tnf.
What's the orange sediment on the 5th pic? Almost looks like dried up oil or something but I doubt that's it.

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 08-18-2011 01:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like a combination of sulfur and iron-oxide/rust

PostPosted: 08-19-2011 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

composite from some june pictures, really just testing to see what is needed to cover the whole visible area in one shooting session... this is 5 or 6 pictures.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-19-2011 07:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amazing shots tnf and everyone. Keep em coming.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 08-23-2011 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
That the little fucker had better check himself before he wrecked himself.
A guy was killed right by where we stayed by a grizzly the day we showed up - right where I was going to go shoot the sunrise the following morning. I wish I could have had a chance to shoot a grizzly a little closer, but the only grizzlies I saw were about 1.5 miles away - 3 of them over a dead bison with 2 wolves trying to move in on the kill.

The black bears are all over the place, I saw about 12 or so in the few days we were there. They are more docile but have killed as well. That bear shot was taken in the evening, light wasn't good - iso was high. Ran right past me - I was standing alongside my car and then jumped back in when it started to come across the bridge.

Heh... a bit of a coincidence. I just returned from Banff/Jasper where I spotted this guy:

I've only got a p/s Canon, so no lenses for a closer shot. I'm about the same distance from the grizzly as the group of people in the background.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-28-2011 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shot a concert last night at an annual party held by a friend of mine.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 09-01-2011 08:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

camera bros

i'm need to buy a camera for HD video recording. am i better off with something like the Nikon D90 or getting something that only does video? i don't know SHIT about cameras so any advice would be appreciated.

xoxo bkb

ps <$1k would be nice

PostPosted: 09-01-2011 08:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 09-02-2011 01:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big Kahuna Burger wrote:
camera bros

i'm need to buy a camera for HD video recording. am i better off with something like the Nikon D90 or getting something that only does video? i don't know SHIT about cameras so any advice would be appreciated.

xoxo bkb

ps <$1k would be nice

The D90 is well-suited for professional photography, but if you want the best of both worlds, the D5100 does full HD @ 30fps. If you don't care about photography, buy a camcorder.

As long as it's not Panasonic or Sony.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 09-02-2011 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

D90 is an older camera and not really in the professional category. In good light with good glass, it gets by just fine as most DSLRs will, but its not going to have the low light performance a professional body will need.

If you don't plan on doing anything but video, I'd recommend the camcorder like others have mentioned.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2011 04:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

depends on the quality you're prepared to accept vs the price

could get a flip video, does 720p, quality seems reasonable

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 09-03-2011 10:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-04-2011 07:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that pannisonc only does 17mbs imo that isnt enough

i have a sony cx150 and its fucking awesome for my needs great picture and it always shoot at 24mbs, when i shoot at a lower rate i feel the compression degrades the pic quality significantly .

i speced some clips from the panny on you tube and the pic seems dull and lower resolution.

i prefer the canon slr hd footage the most even tho i dislike canons but the smallness and cheapness of the cx150 has been very convenient .

*edit to add

I am happy with the low light of the cx150 but a big step up would be the cx500

its got a close to a 1/2" sensor thats more than likely destroys all other mini hd cams

PostPosted: 09-05-2011 07:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow one of the most frustrating nights for moon shots...
1. it's been cloudy the last 4 nights, so no pictures from then.
2. it's still cloudy, but they are fast moving and the viewing is 50/50 which is better than nothing but somehow everytime i found the moon with the telescope after changing settings and setups, clouds would block the moon. holy frustrating.
3. my hands are in super pain after a lifting accident today, so every dial that needs to turn or thing that has to have force applied to it is painful
4. here come the damn bugs
5. the damn telescope would just not cooperate. wouldn't stay where i put it, and if it did, i'd slip and knock the mofo.
6. as soon as i started, so did the farting and it was non stop. most frustating thing ever

so here is the one good shot i got after fighting with the rig for an hour. the focus isn't what i would have liked it to be, it's somewhat blurry... i think i'd spring for a motorized mount if the opportunity arose

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-06-2011 10:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can almost make out the moon landing site. :up:

Where'd Yeahso go? I'm still waiting on those monkey rape shots and the riot shots...

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-06-2011 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really tempted to spunk my load on a second hand 400D, my old faux DSLR Fuji s7000 isn't really cutting much mustard anymore:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-06-2011 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There seems to be a Wookie in picture 4.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-06-2011 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sad to see such a place go to ruin.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-07-2011 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool.
Needs snaps with your ye olde camera maybe :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-07-2011 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Needs snaps with your ye olde camera maybe :)

indeed, I went with my digital one because i didn't know how hard it was going to be to get in there and since I had an electric drill as well as I didn't wanna weigh myself down. Imma head back with my b&w next week some time.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.