Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Radiant 1.6 (ZeroRadiant)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Radiant 1.6 (ZeroRadiant)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-29-2011 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all
I've just tried the ZeroRadiant and i encountered a bug ... problem .... dunno :D
My 3D view camera rotate with no-sense in free looking mode ... no way to eliminate this rotation even changing the globalpref.
This never happen in years using Gtk Radiant 1.4.

Any idea how to eliminate ??? My os is Xp
Thanks for all the answerz :D

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-06-2011 01:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/pipermai ... 11665.html

Rambetter wrote:
I fixed this q3map2 crash because obviously it was critical since nobody on Windows was able to compile a map with patch mesh.

Download: http://porky.nerius.com/radiant-windows ... -04-05.zip

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-06-2011 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how hard would it be to recompile this in linux? I've been doing a lot of work with NetRadiant in linux lately and it'd be cool to have an alternative once in a while.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-06-2011 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last time I tried - that's two months ago, I think - it compiled and ran fine.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-17-2011 02:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello again, so, we still can't use radiant for QL mapping?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-17-2011 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voyager, I thought NetRadiant was the preferred editor for quakelive.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 05-17-2011 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Neither of them directly supports quakelive. You gotta decrypt their pk3s and create your own QL mapping workspace. The game files are the same as in q3.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2011 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank yours!

Looks like in new version my textures problem is no longer appear. Thats awesome, tnx a lot.

But now i have another silly question! Where or how i can get q4pack?
I found something in google, but looks like its not what i need.
https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/rad ... ks/Q4Pack/

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-22-2011 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think there is one. All assets (and the editor) you really need to create maps for Q4 are included with the game.

GtkRadiant 1.5 should be able to edit for Q4 as well, but I'm not sure how well supported it is since most people just use the built in one.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-22-2011 10:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With GTKRadiant 1.5 i have this problem - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=44818&hilit=
And the built in one too!

With zeroradiant everything works fine

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-08-2011 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cannot run ZeroRadiant, because haven't installer which can add some games into memory of editor and manual adding of Q3 will always crash...
Why?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only error I encounter is when I try to load any texture for the UrbanTerror Mod (have not tried regular Q3A) I get this:

Loaded 0 shaders and created default shader for 0 orphan textures.

I am using the ZeroRadiant_Win_2011-04-05 build and 0 textures show up...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Am I missing some setup steps?

Thanks!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LITTLEBIZ wrote:
Only error I encounter is when I try to load any texture for the UrbanTerror Mod (have not tried regular Q3A) I get this:

Loaded 0 shaders and created default shader for 0 orphan textures.

I am using the ZeroRadiant_Win_2011-04-05 build and 0 textures show up...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Am I missing some setup steps?

Thanks!

Probably need to add the shaders to your scripts/shaderlist.txt file

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 09:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Never mind only some of them do that.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't notice your reply, that was fast! And your tip helped for adding custom textures, thanks.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-28-2012 05:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has been so long since I've done this stuff. I unzipped the file into my quake dir. I run radiant.exe and it asks:
Failed to load project file, please select project file and it gives me a dialog box. Where is this project file? I'm such a nub.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-28-2012 09:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What version of GtkRadiant are you using?

If using 1.5 or 1.6, did you also install the required gamepacks?

The project file should have a .proj extension and should have been created for you.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-29-2012 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I unzipped ZeroRadiant. I didn't install any game packs. Sounds like installing the game pack would help! All I did was select Quake 3 Arena when setting up. I'm trying out ZeroRadiant because I would like to mess with my old map on my Windows 7 machine.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-29-2012 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://radiant.robotrenegade.com/faq.html

And also hit the downloads section for the gamepacks.

Use windows to search in your Quake 3 directory for any files with the .proj extension if it's still missing.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-29-2012 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crisis averted. When I first loaded ZeroRadiant, I selected the wrong dir. I deleted all of the files, extracted ZeroRadiant to my Program Files (x86), ran Radiant.exe (as admin) then selected the correct Quake dir.

Señor Shambler
Señor Shambler
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How many of you have run into this problem:

1. Right-click -> Misc_model
2. Cancel
3. Accidentally deselect the empty model handle
4. :mad: can't select it without going through a bunch of random tricks

Does anyone actually have a use for empty model handles, or is this perceived as an annoyance by everyone else as well?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 09:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The empty model entity needs a selection box around it like the other entities so that you can select it. Also useful when you have a model missing from a map. Noted for issue tracker.

For the time being, you can drag a selection box around it (1.5) or do a select-tall operation (1.4/1.6).

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-12-2012 02:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In texture panel shaders doesn't have a border.
Is this a bug or I can turn it on somehow?

UPD: My bad - duplicated default_shaderlist.txt and renamed to shaderlist.txt.
Works like a charm.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.