Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 03:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
Enabled creepers and slime. But disabled creeper damage to blocks. They can still injure you :)

one thing about creepers: they do destroy blocks when they explode, but the blocks are repaired after a couple of seconds - which is fine, unless you happen to find yourself at the bottom of the hole they blew in the ground right before it's auto-repaired. suffocation-tastic :down:

is there any way to have slimes without creeps?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparently, there's been some post-Minecon kerfuffle between Notch and the Yogscast people. sounds like Notch was a massive douche on twitter

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 08:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Juicy Minecon drama? :drool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i know, doesn't sound likely does it :olo:

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For those of you that used the GLSL Shaders mod, daxnitro is back! He put the project on hold at 1.5, and there were community updates through 1.7.3 (maybe 1.8.1?). Anyways, he's back and has some ambitious ideas.

For those of you who didn't use it, there were some great shaders that people came up with. My favorite was the one that added sunshafts:

Album here.

There were a lot of effects you could use, including bump mapping 1 2 and depth of field. I never really used those much but they were fun to try once in awhile.

You can follow the thread here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/120 ... -and-more/

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-27-2011 11:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm stuck in a holiday park chalet for a week while I arrange a new rental place in Wellington, so I'm on the Netbook and can't play ze mines and crafts ;(

Back to it next week, hopefully. Depends how fast I can get Orcon to install their crappy ADSL. Last time my phone line was 'too fine' for it.

I must temporarily find other outlets for my autisamz

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-28-2011 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, wellington. used to live there, up on the terrace below kelburn. enjoy the high winds and rain :(

when you do get back on, you'll see i've blinged up my pad with stone bricks so it looks less pants to default tex pack people and made a cutesy garden out back. actually, you can prolly see that on the google map. will post screen later

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-28-2011 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 11-29-2011 01:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Schweet, that tex pack is nice, kinda zelda.

Yah I'm in Wellington CBD, just signed up for a place next to plimmer steps. Weather's OK for now but the wind never really gets away and really kills the appeal of the penthouses.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 09:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

server is down b/c it utilizes cpu 100% even after restart. Will investigate when I get home. If anyone knows what might be causing this pls let me know. thx

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh man, that is totally my fault.

I went and started my mob farm, while watching TV last night and fell asleep. There's probably a few hundred mobs down there now since it ignores the cap.

If you can start it up, I should be able to take care of it by triggering the chunks and then walking out of range -- that forces them to all despawn in my experience.

Or if you want to handle it, the MCEdit "Delete Entities" feature should resolve it without having to bring the server back up first. I forget the coordinates for the farm though... something like -200,-400 I think. You should see a huge red blob in MCEdit.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 10:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or maybe restart the server in peaceful, then switch back once it's fixed? possible?

also, is your general store going to be open for business, mjrpes? door's always shut...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
or maybe restart the server in peaceful, then switch back once it's fixed? possible?

also, is your general store going to be open for business, mjrpes? door's always shut...

Ah... good idea.

General store is open for business, I just keep on forgetting to leave the door open. It's not much of a store. I'll get around to setting up a big store area where people can set up their own stands.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 03:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OK disabled monsters and looks like that did the trick.

I went to the monster spawner and was a little confused as to how it works. Are monsters supposed to collect somewhere where you kill them? Didn't see where this was.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
Or if you want to handle it, the MCEdit "Delete Entities" feature should resolve it without having to bring the server back up first. I forget the coordinates for the farm though... something like -200,-400 I think. You should see a huge red blob in MCEdit.

Spawner I was at was -87,19,-507 btw.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Ah... good idea.

General store is open for business, I just keep on forgetting to leave the door open. It's not much of a store. I'll get around to setting up a big store area where people can set up their own stands.

excellent :up: i purchased 5 of your finest melon seeds (and 40 ingots, just because i could)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 11-30-2011 05:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry about that guys. I already have an idea for an auto-shutoff feature. I've definitely experienced laggyness due to the number of mobs before, but never crashed a server.

I guess it's efficient...

There are two buttons, one turns the lights off and starts them spawning. They drop down, and there is a water elevator of sorts to bring them back up top where you can smack them for free XP. The drop damages them enough so all you need is one swing with a stone sword to kill them.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-01-2011 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i should check that out. i've been swatting mobs like a mad cunt but still only on level 20. some of them don't even drop anything

also tangled with my first enderman last night (not sure how it happened). damn those things are pain to kill (protip: stand in a decent-sized pool of water once they're onto you. it's drives them nuts)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-01-2011 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What happens to XP when you die? It looks like mine goes back to zero.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-01-2011 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it depends if you manage to grab your dropped loot before it despawns; there should be at least some of your xp in amongst that

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-01-2011 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
What happens to XP when you die? It looks like mine goes back to zero.

You drop all of it, resetting you to 0. If you make it back, there is an icon showing it, and if you do pick it up you get some amount back. How much you get back has been buggy. At least in the 1.9 pre-releases sometimes it would only give you a couple levels back, other times it gave you back more than you had in the first place. Once or twice it put me at level 11-12 when I was 3-4 before dying.

I'm not sure if it's any more consistent in 1.0.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Notch Steps Down As Head Of Minecraft: Working On New Project"
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... w-project/

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"new project", i.e. scrolls, which looks shit

$10 says we get one more update before they give up on it, and that this update won't contain half the things they've said they'd include, like a mod api or the aether etc

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 06:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*shrug*

Mods are going to swarm all over 1.0.0 and be super stable. People who were holding off development for the release will now be churning out content.

Already had my money's worth out of this game x10, don't give a toss if no more development occurs :D

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yup. The community is where it's at. Having a stable API that never changes would really help the game take off :)

Also, new version is out:

http://t.co/JfhDhLw5

Removes stupid mine fog at low levels when in creative mode. I can finally enjoy my pyramid as intended :0

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-02-2011 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-03-2011 02:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
... a stable API that never changes would really help the game take off :)

Also, new version is out:

http://t.co/JfhDhLw5

Removes stupid mine fog at low levels when in creative mode. I can finally enjoy my pyramid as intended :0

new version? do we need this to play on the server?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-03-2011 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a mod that removes void fog all the time. Download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34534935/other.html
(It's a continuation of someone else's mod who stopped updating, so no actual thread)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-04-2011 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
The community is where it's at.

does this mean we might see more mods on the server?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-04-2011 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you want a mod on the server just post the link.

I only plan to update the server version when a new release is officially out and bukkit is compatible.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-05-2011 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

was looking into industrialcraft, but the guy says he's shifted to IC2 development, and IC isn't compatible with 1.0 goddamit

just looking for new stuff to build tbh :shrug:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 08:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey Foo u around bro? (the server i mean) looks like roadbuilding has been done

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 04:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing SP. I'm loving this game more and more :P

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-23-2011 05:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the server's survival FYI

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 12-24-2011 12:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
hey Foo u around bro? (the server i mean) looks like roadbuilding has been done

yeah I'm here and there. Too much real life at the moment, must do more minecrafts :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.