Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 12-25-2011 12:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Happy seasonal shit motherfuckers

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-25-2011 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice. Now set it on fire!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-25-2011 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gold blocks? someone's flush :p

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-26-2011 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spawn area's taking shape...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-31-2011 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i am just... like... blown away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlu2yNdjpq8

don't miss the underground city at the end... i've dreamed of stuff like that. amazing.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 03:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

goddamn you people have been busy.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 08:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

has showcase been disabled?

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 10:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

don't miss the underground city at the end... i've dreamed of stuff like that. amazing.

That's fucking mental. They should make a game out of that or something.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shouldn't be. Might be a permissions thing. What happens
when you try to run the command?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
shouldn't be. Might be a permissions thing. What happens
when you try to run the command?

command? according to the page for showcase, it's just holding down sneak then right-clicking on a half-step with the item you want to sell, then following the on-screen instructions

weirdly, it worked all the time when i was putting half-steps on my roof as eaves (was sneaking to avoiding falling to my certain death at the bottom of the big fucking cliff) - right when i didn't want it to. i must be doing something wrong, not sure what though

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-02-2012 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this might be it...

Quote:
2012-01-02 16:56:27 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to Showcase
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.narrowtux.narrowtuxlib.NarrowtuxLib.getMethod()Lcom/nijikokun/register/payment/Method;
at com.narrowtux.showcase.ShowcaseCreationAssistant.<init>(ShowcaseCreationAssistant.java:43)
at com.narrowtux.showcase.ShowcasePlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ShowcasePlayerListener.java:68)
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$11.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:330)
at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:171)
at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:266)
at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:592)
at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:39)
at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:516)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:414)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-03-2012 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
goddamn you people have been busy.

looked up Muramasa. looks pretty cool. can totally imagine Crint Eastwooood kicking some Italo-Spanish ass in a spag western version

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 03:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh do fuck off Memph :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Minecraft should look like this by now.

watched some in-game footage of cubeworld last night: it looks eye-meltingly hideous, like super mario on bad acid. i'll admit that minecraft looks like ass warmed up on default textures, but at least you can replace those textures with something that doesn't look like clown vomit

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope, not into it.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
And why have none of you tasteless heathens blessed yourselves with a copy of Terraria yet? :)

I played Terraria for a little while. I was enjoying it, but it's kind of a lonely game. It looks like they made a bunch of updates since the last time I saw it, though, so maybe it's worth checking out again.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

have to say tho, quests and a proper rpg setup would make minecraft a fuck load more fun. minecraft is just void of life imo. bland boring and nothing happens. you can only waste time building shit before you go... why the fuck did i even bother? 0 interaction and i have to say that despite all these wee updates they are doing. the game just does not go anywhere. if i wanna waste time building shit ill use gtk lol :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

does that mean we can dynamite your house?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-04-2012 01:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

for sure

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-05-2012 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mojang apparently just hired the guy who made cubeworld

not sure if that's a good or a bad thing

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-06-2012 10:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

Awesome ... Thanks mjrpes :)

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-08-2012 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well cubeworld hasn't actually been released, so i wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it now

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-08-2012 10:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
well cubeworld hasn't actually been released, so i wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it now

I still venture into 'Cubelands' occasionally. Is this the cubeworld your referring to?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@mjrpes

apparently there's an update available. let us know when we should apply this re the server :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 03:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be checking bukkit.org and updating when they seem to have a stable release ready. Usually within a couple of days.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no great hurry. these are the new things:

1. Bow Enchantments (nice)
2. Golden Apple recipe (whoopee-fucking-doo)
3. New language translations (including pirate speak)
4. Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes (but still no mipmapping)
5. Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds (see 2)
6. Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs) (but not SMP)
7. Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default) (pointless in SMP)
8. Removed collision box from ladders (z0MG FINALLY!!!1111one)
9. Sheep eat grass and regain their wool (ok that's useful)

all a bit meh, really

my suggestions for a proper update:

1. mipmapping
2. mipmapping
3. put rails on any block (glass bridges!)
4. make steps out of any block (including grass/dirt)
5. add procedurally-generated quests which yield xp/treasure etc
6. ambient sounds (birds in trees, coastline, wind in high places etc)
7. neutral mobs guarding treasure chests (like in AoE3)
8. faster acquisition of xp
9. increase spawn rate of gold x2
10. stop mobs glitching thru ceilings/floors
11. more kinds of stone/craftable stone blocks
12. put something worthwhile in dungeon chests instead of fucking pig saddles and buckets
13. tameable horses
14. ability to convert hostile mobs to friendly
15. get rid of powered rails; use powered minecarts with movement controlled directly by player
16. add Y-junction rails for branch lines (direction controlled by player using strafe keys)
17. npc villagers trade
18. increase map height above sea level by 64
19. jungle biomes
20. biome-specific passive mobs (not mooshrooms!)

etc etc :drool:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One thing that would be cool is blocks that modify the behavior of entities that interact with them. Like rails, but specific to the block. For instance, have an "asphalt" block and a player who runs over it get a 100% speed boost. The road you built would actually have a benefit and people would use them. Other examples:

Breeding block: animals on this block have 100% increase in spawning children. Plants grow faster.

Stealth block: players on this block become 90% invisible. Enemies lose track of you.

Bounce block: players who jump from this block gain 400% height more than a normal jump. If falling onto this block players don't receive damage and bounce to a height 50% of where they fell from.

Also, colored and strobe lights would be nice. Would create moody atmospheres (ok... stobe lights would get a little annoying).

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 07:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
have an "asphalt" block and a player who runs over it get a 100% speed boost

I was thinking this would be a useful boost for gravel.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 09:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well.... that's an easy enough mod to patch in if you guys think that's something you'd want (double speed on gravel)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi guys, here is one more newbie for this platform. For me this forum sounds really interesting as have seen some really informative threads, which were worth reading. Think you guys are just amazing with the facts and the experience you share here…hope will have a good time here

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Quote:
have an "asphalt" block and a player who runs over it get a 100% speed boost

I was thinking this would be a useful boost for gravel.

it would on the current map. not very realistic tho, considering the IRL physical properties of gravel

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
For instance, have an "asphalt" block and a player who runs over it get a 100% speed boost. The road you built would actually have a benefit and people would use them.

^ this, crafted from tar obtained from (not-yet-existing) tar pits and gravel :up:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 01:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

> not very realistic
> punch trees

I know. But gravel's useless right now. Making it handy for paths would be great.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-13-2012 08:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.1 is up.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.