Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Skyrim

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Skyrim

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ, no. The reason people hated the Oblivion UI wasn't so much the layout as it was the fact it displayed about 1.25 items at once. That new one fixes that.

The Skyrim UI was clearly made for consoles, as with a pad it plays decent enough. But some things confuse me, like why I can't use maybe rb/lb to go forward/back a page (because the dpad on 360 is arse, and analogs a stick) or, more importantly, why i cant use LT/RT to go up/down 10 or so items at once. When you have hungreds, scrolling through them takes forever...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 05:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

agreed on the scrolling. I would also like a filter on potions and posions. the list is endless atm

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 06:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh fuck, my potion list is so fucking long. And I rarely use anything but health potions...

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I keep forgetting (or not bothering to look) what I have in my potions list. Like, I've been enchanting and smithing, then I remembered I have a few potions that improve those. So I'm making sure now that I check my huge list of shit before doing things. And I sold all my draughts of strength (carry more weight for 300 seconds), bit of a waste of time those.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use the draughts of strength only if I happen to kill a dragon and collect its heavy remains, just so I can quick travel back to my crib. But yeah the idea of them seems pointless, I can't think of a good reason to use them.

It's like you can't use them in the middle of a quest because you immediately feel the urgency to be quick and that will not allow you to take your time and thoroughly explore the area.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pfft, just give all the heavy shit to your pack mule (Lydia) and continue your OCD exploration.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but she's such a bitch about it. "I'm sworn to carry your burden..." she says with that attitude. Cunt...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just so I know, are there ANY sellers in the world that have more than 750 gold? I'm aware once my speach is high enough I can ibvest in them, but I'm finding shit loads of 2k items which makes it a bit of a ball ache :(

I am enjoying the scale at which I level in this game. I'm 40 hours in, and I'm only level 28. Everything just feels right. Fallout 3/NV on the other hand, I found myself at max level after like 16 hours, if that, was a bit silly.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Yeah but she's such a bitch about it. "I'm sworn to carry your burden..." she says with that attitude. Cunt...

Can't you just punch your beast of burden to keep it in line? You know, like Conan did?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Just so I know, are there ANY sellers in the world that have more than 750 gold? I'm aware once my speach is high enough I can ibvest in them, but I'm finding shit loads of 2k items which makes it a bit of a ball ache :(

I am enjoying the scale at which I level in this game. I'm 40 hours in, and I'm only level 28. Everything just feels right. Fallout 3/NV on the other hand, I found myself at max level after like 16 hours, if that, was a bit silly.

I do all my buying, selling, smithing, and enchanting at Whiterun. I have a house there, plus there are two smiths. The smith when you first enter Whiterun has two merchants. Those two always have over 1000 gold. The guy at Skyforge always has around 2000 gold. Then there is the general goods store, he usually has 750 gold.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
...lol poor people...

Not sure but Deathshroud has 92,257 in his what is sure to be a comically humongous coin purse. Maybe he knows

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Often it says 'too heavy to carry' when I try to offload stuff to lydia. But if I ask her to help me (2nd in dialogue tree: "I need you to do something"), she endlessly takes everything from me, all dragon bones, scales, weapons, armour. Making carry potions completely useless.

o'dium wrote:

I had the same problem. There's an exploit and a mod I used. I'm not one for cheating, but with so much stuff to do in this game, and so much levelling I've done legitimately, I really didn't care about speeding the buying and selling process up. :p

Go to the Black-Briar Meadery in Riften. Talk to the barman behind the counter and ask about his boss. Select: 'Tell me about Maven Black Briar'. Wait for reply.
Persuade him to tell you the truth about her (speech challenge). Select :'Come on, get the truth off your chest (Persuade)'
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until it levels up and continue until you reach 100. Took me about an hour. With the perks, get Haggling to 5/5.
Then, install the rich merchants mod, and you can select for all traders to have either 2K or 10K.
I've got 150k in my coin purse now, but I'm a jew.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldn't agree with somewhat cheating, but it's great that people can make personal choices on how to play the game :up:

I haven't 'cheated' in this game yet with the exception of bringing Lydia back to life once ,and upping her armor rating enough to give her a proper fighting chance at the level of quests that I am doing.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't cheated either. Lydia died and I went on with my business. You level faster without a companion anyways...

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
You level faster without a companion anyways...

I didn't know that. Still, without a companion. it would be much harder to take stuff without being overencumbered. My carry weight is always very close to the limit. It would mean lots more journeys back n forth to collect goodies and offload them.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's probably faster to level up without her because she is stealing 'kill' points from you and from all the potions, magic, weapons you would be using in the process.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Enchant or buy some Boots of Hauling or up your stamina. I can carry around 370 pounds of shit. But my heavy armor also weighs nothing...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
it's probably faster to level up without her because she is stealing 'kill' points from you and from all the potions, magic, weapons you would be using in the process.

No, I'm sure it literally slows down your leveling. Not sure though...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont need no lydia. fuck her.
having the proper perk so your armor weighs nothing is where its at.
also, weight to worth ratio.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Enchant or buy some Boots of Hauling or up your stamina. I can carry around 370 pounds of shit. But my heavy armor also weighs nothing...

I've got the Steed Stone active which gives me carry weight + 100 and no movement penalty from armour. So my daedric armour is weightless, and my current carry weight is 470.

MKJ wrote:
i dont need no lydia. fuck her.
having the proper perk so your armor weighs nothing is where its at.

Yeah, my heavy armour skill is at 57, so a way to go to get that conditioning perk unlocked which I think needs 70.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

470 and you're still encumbered? Fuck dude, drop that shit...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Tsakali wrote:

No, I'm sure it literally slows down your leveling. Not sure though...

The Lover Stone perk speeds up your leveling.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
470 and you're still encumbered? Fuck dude, drop that shit...

Lol I know. But I use all the things I have. I should hand one or two heavy weapons over to lydia till I need them.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-11-2012 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

QFT

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 12:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only pick things up if they have a weight to value ratio of atleast 1 to 200. Unless it's something that I need in order to make something else, and that's rare because I don't smith or create potions anymore.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 01-12-2012 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I pick up shit to disenchant, only to realise that I already had that enchant when I'm at the apparatus. :(

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 01-14-2012 06:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im so awesome

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-14-2012 07:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I like that helm. What is it?

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 01-14-2012 07:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its from the quest where you find that blacksmith's dog. you gotta do a bunch of shit but at the end make sure you choose to give the power axe back and you get that as a reward

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a choice of kill the dog or not. I chose not to (I mean, who could :tear:) and it was the right decision. I use that masque of clavicus vile a lot, it gives 20% better prices, and I wear the amulet of zenithar at the same time, which is another 10% improved prices.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does this entire game take place in the mountains? Every screenshot I've seen is grey and white.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 05:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Yeah, it's a choice of kill the dog or not. I chose not to (I mean, who could :tear:) and it was the right decision. I use that masque of clavicus vile a lot, it gives 20% better prices, and I wear the amulet of zenithar at the same time, which is another 10% improved prices.

I thought about it cuz he had a new york accent or something but the axe sucked anyway. 25 dmg + some points to stamina? f that noise

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 01-15-2012 07:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that mask is good, and I'ma wear it when I'm barterin, but for realz, I'ma stick with my Krosis mask.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-16-2012 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Does this entire game take place in the mountains? Every screenshot I've seen is grey and white.

no
but theres two provinces that pretty much snowapalooza

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.