Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Skyrim

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Skyrim

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if you morons know, but Steam Workshop works with Skyrim now that the Creation Kit is out. Oh and a high-res texture pack.

Also this:

Last edited by Captain on 02-09-2012 02:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Removed.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fucking canadians and their dead link culture >:(

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New link.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So will there be a patch for all the new stuff in the video?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Modding TES games is one of the best reasons to play them on PC. For all the console players' sake, I hope they manage/decide to implement modding-as-you-wish rather than restricting you to DLC's

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-09-2012 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, no one forced them to buy the shitty console version. Console games have never been about creativity or modding freedom, so why should Bethesda waste their time with it?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-10-2012 01:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
So will there be a patch for all the new stuff in the video?

no, those are dlc ideas theyre throwing around.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-10-2012 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those game jam ideas are great.

Also, this is pretty epic:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So did anyone here finish Skyrim then? By finish I mean do every single major storyline (main quest, thieves guild, dark brotherhood, nightingales, companions, civil war loyalty to imperials or stormcloaks, all daedric quests, find all the dragon priest masks, do all the side quests that you're given/find until your inventory has nothing but repetitive radiant quests? I have, and 518 hours logged. :o Only thing I didn't do was find 9 remaining stones of barenziah to restore the crown of barenziah, marry someone, and buy 4 more houses which are sitting in my journal waiting to be done but are pointless. I wouldn't mind finding the remaining 5 or 6 treasure maps. Not because I need anything in the chests, just like figuring out the locations. :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't yet, and I keep on procrastinating doing it. I don't know if I ever will, but part of me would like to.

BTW, stop using my font color, bitch.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you should both stop using that color.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
you should both stop using that color.

I've been using that font color for nearly a decade.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-25-2012 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

better :up:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 03-04-2012 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been using this font color for nearly a decade.

Meanwhile..

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
So did anyone here finish Skyrim then?

Working my way through Skyrim these days. Probably won't go as nuts as you, but I'm doing all side quests. I found a mod in the Steam workshop that shows the locations for all those stones so I've finished that quest as well.

On an unrelated note, how fucking good is this game eh? Best RPG ever?!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 04:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No way, it's a far shot from "best RPG". It's enjoyable, though, and I'll admit that it's better than I thought it would be. I've played through the main story once and rolled a new character to play through all the side stuff. Except marriage, that's just retarded.

And I doubt I'll get back to it any time soon with ME3 out now...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-06-2012 10:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

amusing video

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-22-2012 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, Skyrim, I remember that game.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-22-2012 07:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kill cams? That's it? Where's all the stuff from that other video? That's what I want...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-22-2012 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Between Skyrim and Mass Effect I haven't even been playing video games as often anymore because it feels like you need to put a couple hours in to do anything. Haha....must....find.....time....

But reading this thread really makes me want to get into Skyrim again. I made a true thief character with no smithing or enchanting and rely heavily on sneak, pickpocketing, lockpicking, and speech and less on the combat skills. Playing a non-combat role makes it feel like a whole new game. Haha, I don't fast travel and have no shame in running away from some tougher enemies on my horse while I travel the landscape. I cannot stand toe to toe with most enemies so I have to carefully figure out which enemies to engage and find a way to strategically take them down or rely on stealth to get past them or speed to get away from them. Having some vulnerability has been a lot more fun than running around like an invincible tank. Fighting dragons kind of sucks cause the game more or less forces you to fight them and they can be tough with a thief build, but everything else is pretty cool.

If anyone got bored with their initial combat playthrough like me, I really recommend making a non-combat oriented specialized character and don't grind any skills if you want a new challenge (don't even touch smithing or enchanting). If you're worried about how you'll fair against dragons or just don't want to be annoyed by them, you can do most of your sidequesting before you kill the Whiterun dragon cause the random dragons won't spawn until you kill that first one.

I'm level 27 right now and This is my planned build by level 50. I have enough combat skills to get by if hidden, but the dagger and bow are still best used as a last resort with my build and straight up combat with most enemies is a death sentence. I play as an Imperial because the racial trait Imperial Luck (find more gold) and the racial power Voice of The Emperor (calm hostile enemies) seem to be well suited for a thief.

Anyone else still play and have builds they want to share?
http://skyrimcalculator.com/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-22-2012 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
So, new patch then. First vid i've seen that makes the combat look decent tbh.

Never noticed this til now but... should there be a sword-on-sword sound effect when you deliver a flesh wound?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-22-2012 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it also may be for the sound of the weapon going through the armor.

what is Ys Memphis?

Oh and my post turned out super long cause I edited it like 3 times...for the tl;dr people - Skyrim is more fun when you're not at the top of the food chain and I'd really like to read about other peoples' builds.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 01:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Decided to post here due to a graphical issue I'm having.

Skyrim is without a doubt an utterly marvelous game which actually lives up to it's hype, which is no wonder considering it was in the making for eight straight years. I haven't got extremely far, I'm only around Level 5-6 or something like that, but it's very engaging.

I did encounter some graphical issues, however, after installing a few mods. First one I installed was Pinewood Village, second was Tytanis which I discovered through a magazine. At first I thought the issue was caused by a conflict, so I just experimented and ran with only one mod running at a time. Still doesn't go away. Run without either mod at all. Still nothing. I even uninstalled them to see what would happen, but the issues persist.

Basically a lot of the game is getting rendered with ugly, tiny "squares" in various areas, including mountains, walls, terrain, and even the map! (last screen) One especially strange problem is that any terrain rendered underwater will show black squares in triangular patterns, as if it were being rendered in wireframe.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if you fixed it, how you managed to do it? (reinstall, drivers, etc.?) I use an AMD Radeon HD 6670. Thanks in advance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot5.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot6.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot7.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot8.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot9.bmp

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

.bmp

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's almost troll worthy

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EmeraldTiger wrote:
Decided to post here due to a graphical issue I'm having.

Skyrim is without a doubt an utterly marvelous game which actually lives up to it's hype, which is no wonder considering it was in the making for eight straight years. I haven't got extremely far, I'm only around Level 5-6 or something like that, but it's very engaging.

I did encounter some graphical issues, however, after installing a few mods. First one I installed was Pinewood Village, second was Tytanis which I discovered through a magazine. At first I thought the issue was caused by a conflict, so I just experimented and ran with only one mod running at a time. Still doesn't go away. Run without either mod at all. Still nothing. I even uninstalled them to see what would happen, but the issues persist.

Basically a lot of the game is getting rendered with ugly, tiny "squares" in various areas, including mountains, walls, terrain, and even the map! (last screen) One especially strange problem is that any terrain rendered underwater will show black squares in triangular patterns, as if it were being rendered in wireframe.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if you fixed it, how you managed to do it? (reinstall, drivers, etc.?) I use an AMD Radeon HD 6670. Thanks in advance.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot5.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot6.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot7.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot8.bmp
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27277779/ScreenShot9.bmp

Those images are way too small. Can you save them as uncompressed .TIFF instead?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not big enough.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do either of those mods have bug discussion forums? Have you tried posting it there? Chances are, if their mod causes a bug they know about it and know how to fix it, or at least tell you why it's doing it.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-03-2012 09:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you need to disable antialiasing. its a 1.5 patch + ati/amd issue

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-03-2012 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a graphical issue with an ati card?
that almost never happens

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-04-2012 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fKd wrote:
you need to disable antialiasing. its a 1.5 patch + ati/amd issue

Thanks, this seemed to work!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-04-2012 03:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
a graphical issue with an ati card?
that almost never happens

And yet every time I get a new computer, what brand video card do I put in it? I'll never learn... :disgust:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-12-2012 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.elderscrolls.com/community/k ... ng-skyrim/

kinect support for skyrim. looks like its only voice commands (goodie). im not interested in kinect inthe slightest, this tidibt did strike me as interesting;

...also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.