Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 Files Goes Live!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 Files Goes Live!

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 05:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's right, Quake 4 Files is now live and operational! Everybody spread the word and start uploading those files as soon as possible.

By the way, Quake 4 Files is a site which provides webspace for authors of Quake 4 modifications to distribute their work, and for server administrators to link for auto-downloading.

Thanks to EscapedTurkey (http://www.escapedturkey.com) for the amazing fileserver, and Quake4/Quake3world (http://www.quake4world.com / http://www.quake3world.com) for all their support and webspace. You guys are a real asset to the community. And how can I forget all the users on the Quake3World forums? You guys are great, thanks for all the input and all the wonderful work.

Anyway, now what we need to do is get the word out there! We will be working to make contact with authors and server admins in the days to come, so, if you feel the need, chip in and let people know. Thanks in advance.

That's http://www.files.quake4world.com
;)

kmg

Last edited by KMG on 02-22-2006 05:58 PM, edited 3 times in total.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 05:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

link

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 06:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.files.quake4world.com

The files are on an unmetered connection so upload and download to your heart's content.

The more maps uploaded the better.

The purpose of the site is so that the URL - Redirect download system can be available to all Quake 4 admins world-wide. They just plug in a few lines in their server config, and let our system do all the file distribution handling to players. This should really boost the community quite a bit.

:icon31:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Site still seems like it is in beta. Forums takes you back to the homepage. Files takes you to the search page. Or is it search that takes you to the files page? Either way, I'm not seeing the list of submitted files. Finally, even after logging in the login control still shows up if you go to another page.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 09:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the forums feature is soon to be implemented, and the Files and Search pages won't really make sense until we have some files uploaded. I fixed the login controls still showing up bug. You're probably not noticing the list because the only file on there so far is the patch. Thanks for the input.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was thinking that the forum link should just go here like the other q4w one.

Any moderation volunteers?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 10:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

should i start uploading peoples maps, atleast the popular ones, or wait for the authors to do it

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Go ahead and upload them please. :icon31:

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 10:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'greed.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just uploaded galang and phrantic without a problem, even though they have not showed up yet. Then when i tried top upload smash up streets by method it it told me the file was to small.

edit: same thing just happened again with monsoon

Last edited by Robcq on 02-22-2006 11:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could you copy n paste the actual error you get?

The files didn't show up because I have to review them first. Lemme get right on that.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"File too small"

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just reviewed both of those, tell me if they work ok guys. In the future include info like prefered gametype and stuff if at all possible. If you can just give some basic info that should go in for those two I will just moderate it into happening. I am calling kmg right now to ask him about your error.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok i see galang and phrantic, but it says i am the author which is not true. that needs to be fixed

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He says the file size limit is 500 bites. It will be fixed tonight when he gets home. So will the author thing.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How big is the file and did you try it again?

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, I think I just fixed it so give it one more go.

KMG: My bad.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FTP upload has failed!
Warning: unlink(quake4/pk4s/base/map_l4dm2.pk4): No such file or directory in /home/sites/fps-media.com/public_html/files/uploadact.php on line 161
err deleting file

That what it told me when i just tried again

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-22-2006 11:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, I want to test out the auto download, what am i supposed to put for these values in my server.cfg

set net_serverdownload ""
set net_serverDlBaseURL ""
set net_serverDlTable ""

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 12:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is what i tried :

net_serverdownload "2"
net_serverDlBaseURL "http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4/pk4s/base/"
net_serverDlTable "q4base/map_swq4dm1_final.pk4"

I just wanted to test it out with one map. When i connect it asked me if i wanted to download the file. Then, I clicked yes and it said that the transfer failed or was cancled. Am I doing soemthing wrong?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 12:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Robcq wrote:
should i start uploading peoples maps, atleast the popular ones, or wait for the authors to do it

I think it's prudent that they only be uploaded once they have been repackaged and re-released as AddOn PK4s, otherwise people are going to get confused about which version of maps to download etc.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 01:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is the deal with those addon things anyway?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 01:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, I did not believe the patch would ever come out ;)

But yeah, this is kinda why I wanted to bug test before it did.

Robcq: I can't reproduce your error, what did you do? How about sending me the file and I can try it?

I'll change "author" to "submitted by", and we'll just require proper credits. Sound good?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All i did was upload a map, once it seemed to upload i got a white page with that error...

I ll try again. also please tell me how to set the autodownload right on a server. I am a little confused on the how to set teh cvars in the server.cfg

edit: I just tried again and i got the same error.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Send me your file at icecreamsunshine@gmail.com and I'll see what the deal is. Also, I'm writing up a FAQs (I realize none of these questions are really frequent yet, but you get the idea ;)) including info on setting up for auto-dl.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that's not good. escapedturkey.net just went down. I'll have to talk to Iluvquake4 in the morning. Feh!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 05:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Robcq wrote:
This is what i tried :

net_serverdownload "2"
net_serverDlBaseURL "http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4/pk4s/base/"
net_serverDlTable "q4base/map_swq4dm1_final.pk4"

I just wanted to test it out with one map. When i connect it asked me if i wanted to download the file. Then, I clicked yes and it said that the transfer failed or was cancled. Am I doing soemthing wrong?

If the file lie at http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4 ... _final.pk4 than it should look:

net_serverDlBaseURL "http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4/pk4s/"
net_serverDlTable "base/map_swq4dm1_final.pk4"

I think for mods, upload fe q4max into http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4/pk4s/q4max than its:

net_serverDlBaseURL "http://q4files.escapedturkey.net/quake4/pk4s/"
net_serverDlTable "q4max/q4max072.pk4;q4max/q4max072w.pk4;...."

Last edited by Goofos on 02-23-2006 05:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Huh, that's not how it was explained to me.

http://files.quake4world.com/faqs.php

I'll have to clear this up.

Actually that method makes way more sense.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats the way how you made it in doom3 but i'm not a serveradmin. May i can ask a friend who administrated some doom3 server with autodl.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FTP upload has failed!
Warning: unlink(quake4/pk4s/base/wvwq4dm2_beta2.zip): No such file or directory in /home/sites/fps-media.com/public_html/files/uploadact.php on line 161
err deleting file

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 11:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just tried uploading Kat's Cradle.

1st attempt had a screenshot included with the upload and I got a report saying that screenshot upload failed. Not sure if the file was submitted as a result.

2nd attempt resulted in the following error
Code:
Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sites/fps-media.com/public_html/files/uploadact.php on line 104
FTP upload has failed!
Warning: unlink(quake4/pk4s/base/kat_q4dm1.zip): No such file or directory in /home/sites/fps-media.com/public_html/files/uploadact.php on line 161
err deleting file

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THE MYSTERY SOLVED: The file server is down, which means we have to sit and wait for iluvquake4 to tell us whats the deal.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Working on it now. Will see what's wrong.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-23-2006 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It used to be one of the game server machines and I always turned apache off.

Dual Opteron, 4 gig RAM, RAID 5.

Anyhow, it was rebooted when being switched over to 10mb unmetered.

Fixed:

/sbin/service httpd

So if it ever reboots again it should turn Apache back on.

:icon31:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.