Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Totalbiscuit is retiring

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Totalbiscuit is retiring

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://kotaku.com/game-critic-totalbis ... 1825681492
Quote:
YouTube personality John “Totalbiscuit” Bain is retiring as a game critic, he said today, citing his failing health and telling fans that he believes he will die soon.

“When I went into hospital a week or so ago, it was accompanied by the news that conventional chemotherapy’s effectiveness had been exhausted,” Bain wrote in a lengthy Reddit post on r/Cynicalbritofficial, the subreddit devoted to him and his fans. He added that doctors told him his liver was failing, and that he is “currently coming to terms with the fact that I don’t have long left.”

Damn, that's a shitty hospital visit. Don't get cancer, you guys. :(

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 09:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Serious bummer.
Also, Simone Giertz of Shitty Robots fame has a brain tumor.
:(

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She seems to be handling it pretty well though.

I've had a bad headache for the last couple months, maybe I should get it looked at.... :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-01-2018 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
She seems to be handling it pretty well though.

I've had a bad headache for the last couple months, maybe I should get it looked at.... :paranoid:

You should!!

Totalbiscuit aka John Bain - only 33 years old :(

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 06:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man that sicks.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Terrible.

Fuck cancer. >:(

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Serious bummer.
Also, Simone Giertz of Shitty Robots fame has a brain tumor.
:(

If there is a "good" side to this, her tumor isn't cancerous.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-02-2018 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, fuck cancer.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-24-2018 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-24-2018 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:tear:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-24-2018 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I actually did see the doctor about my headaches and after an MRI, the doc said it's not cancer. There are little white spots on the image, but she associates it with migraines.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-24-2018 10:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not heard of him but 33 is terribly young :(

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 05-26-2018 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
BioWare employee David Crooks has no respect for the dead: the Mass Effect: Andromeda programmer openly mocked and celebrated the passing of popular YouTube personality and video game critic John Peter “TotalBiscuit” Bain on Twitter this week, stating that the world “felt a little bit better” with him gone. Apparently, Bain was not kind to Andromeda, Need for Speed: Rivals, and other titles Crooks was involved with.

what a cunt

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-26-2018 12:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Classy

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-26-2018 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another reason not to play Andromeda. :miffed:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-26-2018 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol dead ppl...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 01:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck sake - all because someone didn't like a game you made

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
Quote:
BioWare employee David Crooks has no respect for the dead: the Mass Effect: Andromeda programmer openly mocked and celebrated the passing of popular YouTube personality and video game critic John Peter “TotalBiscuit” Bain on Twitter this week, stating that the world “felt a little bit better” with him gone. Apparently, Bain was not kind to Andromeda, Need for Speed: Rivals, and other titles Crooks was involved with.

what a cunt

Not really the whole story is it?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Not really the whole story is it?

[img]

Well it's a shame he can't defend himself on account of, you know, being dead and all. His body isn't even cold yet, the dude could have waited a bit.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All the warm condolences this week probably triggered him. Anyway I doubt TB cares either way about anything now.

I’m not defending his actions I’m just pointing out it wasn’t all petty game review shit this guy was upset about. Hardocp took a fraction of the story and changed the narrative. Also TB supposedly liked Andromeda.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 12:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pffs, the more bile he spews about TotalBiscuit, the more he makes TB sounds like just an internet troll nuisance, the less this guy should've cared about TB.

Apparently he cares so much about TB's opinion that he finds it necessary to spew bile about it an hour and a half after it's announced he died. If he had so much beef with TB, why not address it while he's still alive and able to have a discussion about it? Jesus Christ, it's beyond pathetic and just really, really mean.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 05-27-2018 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, that guy needs to get a grip on reality

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-28-2018 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TB was a piece of shit irl. deal with it. what's with this rule that you have to white wash reality because the guy dies?

fuck misogynist pos like him

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-28-2018 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there's acres of territory between whitewashing reality and "the world is a better place now".

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2018 06:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
there's acres of territory between whitewashing reality and "the world is a better place now".

This.
The timing is bad as well. Why spew your crap hours after someone has died? Nobody asked him for his opinion. There are times when it's better to just keep things to yourself for a while. I'm all for free speech, but I'm also in favor of just being a little sensitive to how things may come across to others.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-28-2018 10:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
TB was a piece of shit irl. deal with it. what's with this rule that you have to white wash reality because the guy dies?

fuck misogynist pos like him

DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE

WHY WON'T YOU DEAL WITH IT

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 05-28-2018 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I for one am glad that guy is dead... On his looks and stoopid accent alone...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.