Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Winter is here (GOT spoilers)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Winter is here (GOT spoilers)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 01:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems about right. I guess if you want to take the crown away from lost for the worst last season you have to aim pretty high.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can’t people just enjoy it for what it is

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the past two seasons, it's become blatantly apparent that they're shit writers when they're no longer able to work from the books.

Still, at least it's rekindled my interest in reading the last two books, if George R.R. Martin ever gets around to finishing them.
I'm sure a lot of the main story beats will remain the same, but I doubt they'll feel as rushed.

And there's several story threads they blatantly ignored, which are far more interesting than a lot of the stuff in the past two seasons.
Lady Stoneheart, Euron having a horn that potentially controls dragons rather than ballistae, the king north of the wall (didn't die in the books; instead, got disguised by Melisandre during the burning), Rattleshirt and more focus on warging in general; loads of stuff.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 08:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People are so salty. IMO GoT is still great. Sured, Euron with his ballistas was a bit meh but people are so overreacting.

Also, everyone going on about how great the books are,.really, get off your high horse. The books are bloated, long-winded and a chaotic mess with so many different storylines that don't really amount to anything. The books are too much and seriously lack focus.

And why is everyone moaning about Jon not petting the direwolf? The dog hasn't played any role of significance since season 2 and suddenly everyone is masturbating over the idea of Jon petting it? Jeez.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 10:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know how much $$$ is would've cost to have an actor interact with cgi fur? We are on a budget people. No more of this 2 dragons flying around either. We cut that expense in half. We need our money for kings landing battle.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I see people often refer to the direwolves as CGI, but didn't they use live animals for those? I'm pretty sure they used to have live animals for them.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-07-2019 11:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think they're Eskimo dogs or something.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-08-2019 04:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They need to be filmed separately, scaled up and pasted in. Costs a lot of money. The episode director said that’s why Jon didn’t interact with him.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-08-2019 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Can’t people just enjoy it for what it is

I generally agree with you, but it’s becoming more difficult to do.

I hadn’t realized that Benioff had wrote the atrocious Wolverine Origins film. The one where they sowed Deadpool’s mouth shut. That’s reason enough to know they’re terrible writers.

I think D&D did a great job with the first few seasons. I think it’s obvious Martin’s story is the real winner. But his books are bloated? If only we could have had the entire story come from Martin and put on screen by D&D. Best of both worlds...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-08-2019 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with Eraser, the books are highly overrated by people that have never actually read them. Georgie goes into great detail to describe how veiny and thick someone's dick is or how a head gets chopped off with individual veins bursting and spraying blood all over the place, the rest is just boring and long-winded. When the show and books were somewhat in sync, the show was waaaaay better.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-08-2019 09:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ugh! I just checked IMDB. Looks like D&D are writing an “Untitled Star Wars Project”...:rolleyes:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 07:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Ugh! I just checked IMDB. Looks like D&D are writing an “Untitled Star Wars Project”...:rolleyes:

Gonna be better than the Rian Johnson effort

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-09-2019 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a pretty low bar

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-12-2019 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dayum, Daenerys is as good as dead now.

Cersei got off easy though, would've been fun to see Arya fuck her up wearing Jaime's face :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-12-2019 08:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So this was all Sansa's fault right? Shes the new littlefinger?

Also some pretty lame sendoffs...esp Varys.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-12-2019 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder how Jon is going to kill that dragon...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe she'll just double-suicide with Drogon, the show has pretty much subverted all expectations but with the lamest outcomes.

I liked seeing King's Landing get blown up, 99% of the people in that city were filthy shitheads.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I wonder how Jon is going to kill that dragon...

Bran will finally do something useful for the first time in 7 seasons and worg into it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still trying to think what the whole point of the Night King even was. 8 seasons of hearing about the impending doom and gloom of the longest winter and now it's an afterthought.

Also Qyburn getting his head smashed in was glorious.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

100% - it was magnificent and rather unexpected if I'm being honest.

Danny vs Jon, then. Given that she is a mad queen...Jon Snow - Queen Slayer and king of fucking everywhere

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After seeing this, I think it's safe to conclude that Rhaegal was the little retarded dragon brother of the three :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Still trying to think what the whole point of the Night King even was. 8 seasons of hearing about the impending doom and gloom of the longest winter and now it's an afterthought.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Night King should've won the battle at Winterfell.

Captain Mazda wrote:

What I liked best was that Sandor didn't give a fuck about the queen because, like he said to Arya, she's already dead. At one point Cersei seems to notice this and just goes like "if I tipsy-toe around here, I'll be seeing you lads another time, ok? Bye now!"

The Jaime vs Euron fight was incredibly stupid, and another one of those "pop-up Euron" moments. Didn't care much for Varys' death either. I don't understand why Tyrion threw him under the bus.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I was kind of expecting Arya to recite her list and mention Daenerys Targarian at the end of it.
Maybe Arya will kill the "fire" after killing the "ice" as well. I sort of expect Sansa to step forward in the most Littlefinger-esque way and rest her bum on the Iron Throne.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

once Jon sits on the iron throne we can look forward to a load of salt about the return of the patriarchy after n seasons of queen Cersei/Danaerys

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well that was savage.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-13-2019 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Didn't care much for Varys' death either. I don't understand why Tyrion threw him under the bus.

From a storytelling point of view, I think it was for the benefit of the scene later on when the bells were ringing and the dragon was still burning shit. Tyrion realized he made a grave mistake trusting Dany to be a benevolent savior, and he sacrificed his friend to get to that point.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-16-2019 06:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
[img]

Haha :)

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-19-2019 02:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any last minute predictions?

I’m gonna say Jon is the only one close enough to kill Dany, so Arya kills Jon and uses his face to kill Dany.

That or Dang will try to kill Jon with Drogon, but he can’t be burned. Then Drogon is eats Dany...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-19-2019 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jon runs back to Sansa for help and eventually kills Dany, Arya kills Grey Worm in a cool fight and gets mortally wounded, maybe Bran worgs the dragon like shaft said just long enough for Brienne or Bronn to kill it? I dunno...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 05-19-2019 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-19-2019 09:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, turns out nothing cool happened. Biggest letdown since Lost. :(

The dragon just fucks off, WTF? :dork:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-20-2019 06:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I was expecting some great revelation. But they just walked off into the sunset...

So Bran has been playing a big chess game, knowing he’d be King in the end?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-20-2019 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty sure he didn't know until 10 mins before wrapping up.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.