Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-27-2023 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah there's satelite imagery of the lab in wuhan before and after the first covid 19 outbreak. All of the HVAC equipment that sits on top of the building gets replaced and when they were asked about they said it was for an Air Conditioning upgrade. I think it was like 11 million dollars "Upgrade" for AC... yeah sure... Just a coincidence that.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 03-16-2023 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But it's all a conspiracy theory...

How many of you are ready to acknowledge that masks were never going to prevent transmission, lockdowns downs were never going to prevent transmission, vaccines didn't prevent contraction or transmission, natural immunity is just as good or better than vaccination, the virus was leaked from a Chinese lab, America was and still is funding GOF research, billions were spent on a leaky vaccine with very little testing, those vaccines have life long harmful side effects for many young people, only the old and weak should have been vaccinated, vaccine mandates were unnecessary totalitarian nonsense and global authorities in conjunction with national governments lied to us about the vaccines and virus?

Well? Or are you so committed to the narrative that admitting your naïve willingness to comply now makes it impossible to admit you were duped?

Your response doesn't really matter. The facts tell the real story. :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-17-2023 10:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
The facts tell the real story. :olo:

So... Where's those facts? I don't think you'd know a fact if it hit you in the face. I'm ready to change my opinion based on new information are you?

There's a lot of factual information contradicting what you're saying, maybe you should take your own advice and look into that.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-17-2023 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-17-2023 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This'll be a brilliant intellectual debate between a couple well-educated people with a great deal of expert knowledge on this specific topic.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-18-2023 02:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-18-2023 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-18-2023 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 03-24-2023 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-24-2023 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-08-2023 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know about all that other shit, but Covid seems to be fading away. I don't even hear anyone talking about it anymore.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 04-14-2023 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apathy. I've recognized that the most of society cared more about convenience versus protecting their vulnerable.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-14-2023 06:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where do you think the tipping point is between protecting the vulnerable and living your life?

Should we all have been locked down for a decade? Should we all be forced to wear hazmat suits when out in public? Just curious what your thoughts on it are?

Personally, I think the restrictions were warranted up until the vaccine was widely available and the majority of the population was vaccinated. Beyond that it's just a form of authoritarianism.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-14-2023 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The science says locking down was the right choice, but I think there are valid reasons to also let the virus propagate naturally.

Someone in my family died from Covid and I didn't really take it too personally when the right was screaming that we should just let everyone die.

On the other hand hospitals would have been completely overwhelmed and people that were there for normal reasons like being in a car accident would die because no one would be there to treat them.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-16-2023 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
Apathy. I've recognized that the most of society cared more about convenience versus protecting their vulnerable.

That, and the numbers have dropped off considerably in the last few months. The lowest they've been for around 3 years.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-17-2023 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Edit: I got AIDs

*cough*

NOW YOU HAVE AIDS, TOO.

Last edited by Ganemi on 09-20-2023 07:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 04-18-2023 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Where do you think the tipping point is between protecting the vulnerable and living your life?

Should we all have been locked down for a decade? Should we all be forced to wear hazmat suits when out in public? Just curious what your thoughts on it are?

Personally, I think the restrictions were warranted up until the vaccine was widely available and the majority of the population was vaccinated. Beyond that it's just a form of authoritarianism.

No matter what I suggest, you will take it as some infringement on your rights. Even masks seem like a bridge too far for you despite them being inconvenient, they have been proven to work yet very few will do it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-18-2023 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think that's an unfair answer to a fair question.
Is there a point in time when, based on some metric, we could do away with face masks? If so, what is this metric and what is the facemask threshold?

Kracus describes the metric he works with: the level of vaccination in the country. He also gives a rough ballpark figure for the threshold: a majority of the population being vaccinated.

I'm not saying I entirely agree with his metric and threshold value, but he gives a concrete scenario which can be used as a tangible starting point for a discussion. Claiming there's no margins there to discuss is shortchanging him.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-18-2023 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSOkiJSda0

Also this, rofl. City officials talking about lynching random black people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBpRW8Q4DtM

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-19-2023 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw wrote:
No matter what I suggest, you will take it as some infringement on your rights. Even masks seem like a bridge too far for you despite them being inconvenient, they have been proven to work yet very few will do it.

Given that I was very much pro mask at the start, pro lockdown at the start, pro vaccine and try to be conscientious of masking and taking precautions when I feel like I might be coming down with something I'd beg to differ. I've outlined exactly the how and when I believe the mandates made sense and I've complied with those mandates exactly as they've been suggested. If you don't know the answer the question I'm asking then I think you haven't really thought through what it is you're suggesting. Forcing people to mask permanently to me isn't ok, that just opens up the door to abuse by people in power so there needs to be a clear and distinct finish line to mandates like that.

To me, that illustrates a form of cooperation between a governing body and it's citizens. If you don't have that distinct finish line then you have a governing body who's free to force you into isolation without repercussion. Look at China, they were literally welding doors shut, the videos of people screaming out their windows that they're starving at night is nightmarish. Creating mandates and then just point blank stating they have no end date is just a tool the political elite will use to exert their will on groups of population they don't like. Beyond that, those types of restrictions didn't work and we have no idea how many died in China and from what.

I'm wondering what the bar is for you. Where do you see the mandates ending or do you want people to mask for the rest of their life? Or isolate for the rest of their life? I'm not making fun of you I'm just genuinely curious where you stand on this?

Just so you know, if I was coming to visit you and you asked me to mask to go see you I'd do it and have no problem with that. I wear a mask when I go see my dentist, which is kinda hilarious to me but it's what they want so I comply, I'm not complaining about it either I just don't feel like wearing one when I'm out in public. I'm a big dude, I get hot, especially in the summer and I like fresh air but beyond that, I don't want a government dictating what I wear. If health authorities decide we need to do so because of an increase in airborne viral outbreak then I'll wear one again so long as I know there's a gameplan to fix the problem and a light at the end of the tunnel when I'm free to wear what I want.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-19-2023 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally I'm fine with wearing masks at doctors' offices or hospitals and whatnot from here on out. Seems to be a sensible ask. But fuck if I'm going to keep masking up at the grocery store. Maybe if I have the sniffles.

We're at the point where everyone who wanted to get the vaccine has done so. So unless I'm around a bunch of old people or babies, I'm done with masks.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

raw is a willful idiot who has allowed himself to be scared away of any type of rational thought/science/reality. He, like many others here will probably stay in that state of ignorance to avoid admitting just how wrong they were about everything.

There was no science that has ever supported community masking or public lockdowns, when a virus is wide spread. Neither worked largely due to lack of compliance. However, there are other factors that rendered both ineffective. Most mask cannot stop the small particles and others simply aren't worn correctly. You also have to deal with how highly contagious the virus was and how easily it spreads. Then you have a vaccine that was NEVER tested to stop the transmission or contraction that was being sold to everyone as a pandemic miracle. At no point did they know what the effectiveness of vaccines would be or how many would suffer from long term injuries. But they still lied about it on TV and mandated it anyway. All the while our Governments and their naïve pawns shamed people who weren't compliant, shut down business, closed schools and fired the unvaccinated. Destroying our supply chains, the economy and the lives of millions.

If you were dumb enough to ever think a paper/cloth mask was going to stop a highly contagious virus and then shame someone else for not participating in your lunacy. You'll likely be stuck in the land of Covid for a very long time. Just like Russiagate, you'll forever be a victim of state propaganda.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh my God you are hopelessly pathetic. Careful, you're going to throw out your back carrying that grudge. Remember, lift with the knees!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 08:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has been months since I posted the Global Statistics so for what it is worth and I suspect some are not really reporting accurate numbers :smirk:

Worldwide Corona Virus Cases Reported

30 May 2023 689,478,678

17 Jan 2023 671,470,626

22 Dec 659,675,056

Total deaths
• World 6,884,013
• USA 1,165,281
• Brazil 702,664
• India 531,866
• Russia 398,919

Source

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
There was no science that has ever supported community masking or public lockdowns, when a virus is wide spread. Neither worked largely due to lack of compliance.

>Maskings and lockdowns aren't effective

Or

>It didn't work because nobody did it

So which of your contradictory statements is it, sadsack?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-29-2023 11:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It really isn’t hard to understand. Masks were never going to stop it, there were just intended to reduce exposure/viral load. People in Japan have been using them in the workplace for decades and it help. They are expected to use them if they feel ill.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
btw, its a Dem hoax anyway so GGs.

Sound like the guy you're replying to.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 07:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah i was being obtuse you bellwhack :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 10:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ngl I knew that... just fucking with ya.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 11:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tell you what is fucking with me, the £30 mask i bought sat in my draw waiting for the next pandemic.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 11:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

30 pounds what

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

END OF TEST

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-30-2023 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is elder abuse at this point, let gramps die peacefully. peacefully and alone and bigoted.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-31-2023 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
tell you what is fucking with me, the £30 mask i bought sat in my draw waiting for the next pandemic.

I want to see this fucking mask! Must be fucking baller.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.