Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: no coronavirus thread ?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-04-2023 11:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
tell you what is fucking with me, the £30 mask i bought sat in my draw waiting for the next pandemic.

£30!!!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-05-2023 01:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weird flex

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-01-2023 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dumbrain is a fantastic display of stupid.

How many of you morons have become educated on COVID?

At the beginning of the pandemic, SCIENCE knew...
1. Masks wouldn't work.
2. Lockdowns wouldn't work.
3. You couldn't vaccinate your was out of a pandemic.

In early 2020, U.S. and global officials (CDC, NIH, WHO) knew...
1. The vaccines where never tested to prevent contraction or transmission.
2. The vaccines never prevented contraction or transmission.
3. Mandates where totalitarian nonsense.
4. Social distancing was a baseless lie.

Now new studies indicate the experimental medical treatment of being vaccinated has a 1 in 800 adverse event rate and global all cause death is up 20%. Meanwhile pharmaceutical companies are free to keep doing business.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-02-2023 05:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shit, Gramps has me convinced. We've been wrong all this time, he knows the truth. His enlightening words have shown me the way. My friends, throw off these shackles of misinformation and ignorance and lies. Take the red pill and see the world as it truly is. Gramps is our shining beacon of light in these dark times. Follow him, my brethren, and never question him or his ways, for he is the one true seer!

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 07-02-2023 06:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Down the rabbit hole we go.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-03-2023 02:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gwamps licked many truck stop toilet seats to become an expert covidologist

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-07-2023 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Dumbrain is a fantastic display of stupid.

How many of you morons have become educated on COVID?

I'm not convinced that the pandemic wasn't mishandled. Also, I'm not sure that masks were/are that effective, nor do I know as much as I'd like to about the vaccine. My degree's in biology and I've had the good fortune to learn about mRNA, DNA and virology from some pretty cool and smart folks with over 10 years of experience and continued ed in the area--and that degree is over 20 years old. So maybe I don't know what I don't know, but even that may be a little more than you. I'm about to get another dose of vaccine (I've had 3 pfizers and a jnj). Also, I just finished a 25 mile (30k) mountain bike race, covering 3000' elevation starting at 9500', and only 15 minutes behind my best time ever at the age of 51. And I drink more alcohol than most people I know, eat really shit foods, as in half a sheet cake of tiramisu, just last week. Well, all my internal desire to be right, as well as raw data from Sweden and Italy during 2020 could indicate that you may be mistaken, YGP. It's not that I want you to be wrong, and it doesn't mean you shouldn't speak your mind, though...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-07-2023 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wonder what percentage of people who believe that the scientific method is cisheteronormative white supremacy or that queer theory has deconstructed objectivity rushed to get the vaccine as soon as it was available?

it's fun to play cutesy intellectual games in the seminar room but it's a whole different thing when your life depends on it :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-08-2023 05:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, people are linking sexual preference to the trustworthiness of science?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-09-2023 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

some people think the scientific method is the privileging of white eurocentric epistemology at the expense of indigenous ways of knowing

some people are morons

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-09-2023 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's this RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) all about? Seems similar to CoVid :paranoid:

I have family and friends in the last week saying they had or still suffer RSV!!

Source

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-11-2023 05:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, attack me not the message. LOL

You bought the bullshit and it has been proven you bought the bullshit. I know it's going to be tough for you to eat your words. But you really should own your stupidity and do something to prevent it from ever happening again.

I'm almost certain you won't. You'll faithfully double down on ignorance in an attempt to save face.

BTW, it's not me making these claims. It's science. You know, the shit you demanded everyone follow.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-11-2023 06:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
I'm not convinced that the pandemic wasn't mishandled. Also, I'm not sure that masks were/are that effective, nor do I know as much as I'd like to about the vaccine. My degree's in biology and I've had the good fortune to learn about mRNA, DNA and virology from some pretty cool and smart folks with over 10 years of experience and continued ed in the area--and that degree is over 20 years old. So maybe I don't know what I don't know, but even that may be a little more than you. I'm about to get another dose of vaccine (I've had 3 pfizers and a jnj). Also, I just finished a 25 mile (30k) mountain bike race, covering 3000' elevation starting at 9500', and only 15 minutes behind my best time ever at the age of 51. And I drink more alcohol than most people I know, eat really shit foods, as in half a sheet cake of tiramisu, just last week. Well, all my internal desire to be right, as well as raw data from Sweden and Italy during 2020 could indicate that you may be mistaken, YGP. It's not that I want you to be wrong, and it doesn't mean you shouldn't speak your mind, though...

Why not look up mask studies? The studies specific to a COVID type virus. You'll find community masking (which they new before the pandemic) had almost zero preventative effect. Never mind all the negative aspects associated with child speech development and the actual mask contamination. You'll also find the precious N95 masks barely worked in hospital environments. When you're finished with the masks, look up the vaccines. You'll find they were never tested for prevention or contraction and they have very short term effectiveness. It has also been determined that the vaccines have a 1 in 800 adverse event rate and the more vaccines you take the more vulnerable you become to COVID. Factor in the 20% global increase of all cause death and the studies that show those deaths are prevalent in countries with higher vaccine rates, and you can pretty much insure you're increasing your chance of death with every dose. That said, I'm pretty sure you don't know more than I do on this topic. If you still have trust in anything government institutions sold you during the pandemic, you're not really informed... Your anecdotal wellness doesn't prove anything. I'm 53. I have not and will not take their experimental medical treatments. I've had COVID twice and was sick for a few days each time. For wellness I take a vitamin D and B supplement. I can still run an 8 min mile, flat bench 225lbs and decline bench 360lbs for sets of 10. I eat pretty healthy and my Irish constitution could probably leave you sleeping at the bar... You, like most here are hoping I'm wrong or likely know I'm right. But refusing to acknowledge it or the supporting facts doesn't change reality.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-11-2023 07:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus fucking Christ, Gramps…

It’s not about stopping the virus with a mask…..It’s about slowing it down. Obviously you can’t stop a virus just by wearing a mask. No one actually thinks that, you fucking cock gobbler. But it’s a no brainer (lucky for you) that masks slow down the spread. That’s why doctors and surgeons have been wearing them for a century.

What a fucking water head…

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-11-2023 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He can't seem to grasp the concept that correlation does not equal causation, either.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 07-11-2023 11:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:

It’s not about stopping the virus with a mask…..It’s about slowing it down. Obviously you can’t stop a virus just by wearing a mask. No one actually thinks that, you fucking cock gobbler. But it’s a no brainer (lucky for you) that masks slow down the spread. That’s why doctors and surgeons have been wearing them for a century.

:olo: :olo: :olo:

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-12-2023 01:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can someone just add a filter to YGP's posts so every word is MURRRRR?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-12-2023 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, isn't that what he's typing already?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-12-2023 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
xer0s wrote:

:olo: :olo: :olo:

He is hysterically stupid. :olo: :olo: :olo:

Especially since the studies say masks had almost ZERO effect. Meaning they don't stop, slow or prevent the spread of COVID in any measurable fashion. Presuming or pretending masks are doing something is all that's happening when you dawn one in public. Doctors and surgeons are wearing masks in sterile environments with other people who are wearing masks and they aren't wearing them to prevent the spread of a highly infectious, air borne virus that permeates the material. Doctors traditionally wear them to protect the patient form droplets of their saliva. But you'd really only need to explain that to a complete moron. queeROs is such a :tard:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-12-2023 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Can someone just add a filter to YGP's posts so every word is MURRRRR?

Sounds like something people afraid of their own ignorance would do. Avoid debate out of fear and sensor dissenting opinions. A bit fascist don't ya think?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-12-2023 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Presuming or pretending masks are doing something is all that's happening when you dawn one in public.

You don a mask, you turnip.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
SCIENCE knew...

YourGrandpa wrote:
U.S. and global officials (CDC, NIH, WHO) knew...

YourGrandpa wrote:
new studies

YourGrandpa wrote:
It's science.

YourGrandpa wrote:
mask studies

YourGrandpa wrote:
The studies specific to a COVID type virus

YourGrandpa wrote:
look up the vaccines

YourGrandpa wrote:
It has also been determined that the vaccines have a 1 in 800 adverse event rate

YourGrandpa wrote:
the studies that show those deaths are prevalent in countries with higher vaccine rates

YourGrandpa wrote:
the studies say masks had almost ZERO effect.

YourGrandpa wrote:
I can still run an 8 min mile, flat bench 225lbs and decline bench 360lbs for sets of 10.

Can I just say.... citation needed?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 05:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but... but... "the studies"...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're arguing with a guy who says riding without a helmet is safer because he can hear better. The faculties required to reason with him just aren't there.

The thing that bothers me most about him though is how he's not in a home care situation and seems to be an otherwise functional member of society. Like, this dude is allowed to ride a motorbike and a car and I believe owns a house. Like how can you be that severely impaired and yet be functional enough to get what looks to be a reasonable income. I just don't get it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Doctors traditionally wear them to protect the patient form droplets of their saliva.

because droplets of their saliva may contain bacteria and/or viruses that, if they entered an open wound - i.e. the kind that are common on, say, an operating table - may cause the patient to become ill

ffs :dork:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Oh he doesn't need that, he sights his sources instead. :up:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Presuming or pretending masks are doing something is all that's happening when you dawn one in public.

You don a mask, you turnip.

Spell check warrior without a clue or anything else. Way to fail.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Ever occur to you to look something up? Nah, who would want to do that. Who wants to anything other than bias confirmation?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
You're arguing with a guy who says riding without a helmet is safer because he can hear better. The faculties required to reason with him just aren't there.

The thing that bothers me most about him though is how he's not in a home care situation and seems to be an otherwise functional member of society. Like, this dude is allowed to ride a motorbike and a car and I believe owns a house. Like how can you be that severely impaired and yet be functional enough to get what looks to be a reasonable income. I just don't get it.

^^^Retard not aware he's a retard calling other people retards. :olo:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
because droplets of their saliva may contain bacteria and/or viruses that, if they entered an open wound - i.e. the kind that are common on, say, an operating table - may cause the patient to become ill

ffs :dork:

The typical cloth or surgical mask isn't suited to protect ANYONE against COVID. I said COVID. I didn't say all masks are completely useless. I said in community usage they don't/didn't/never will prevent or slow the spread of COVID or similar viruses. I know you needed to change the context of the argument to argue. But that doesn't change reality.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Spell check warrior without a clue or anything else. Way to fail.

Are you a masochist? Do you get off on being constantly mocked and ridiculed, Elon?

Come back with some citations that prove us wrong and you right, or STFU and GTFO. You bear the burden of proof. Step up.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Your anecdotal wellness doesn't prove anything. I'm 53. I have not and will not take their experimental medical treatments. I've had COVID twice and was sick for a few days each time. For wellness I take a vitamin D and B supplement. I can still run an 8 min mile, flat bench 225lbs and decline bench 360lbs for sets of 10. I eat pretty healthy and my Irish constitution could probably leave you sleeping at the bar... You, like most here are hoping I'm wrong or likely know I'm right. But refusing to acknowledge it or the supporting facts doesn't change reality.

Just as his anecdotal wellness doesn't prove anything, neither does yours. I mean wow. Not even an interstitial sentence. You just went straight for the hypocracy. :dork:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We need to start cheering on gwamps and other anti-vaxxers, they're making the world a better place by killing off themselves and their offspring :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Problem with that is they breed like rabbits.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-13-2023 09:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain wrote:
We need to start cheering on gwamps and other anti-vaxxers, they're making the world a better place by killing off themselves and their offspring :olo:

If that's real then it's a pretty tasteless example to post. It's about a 3 year old child not getting the medical help she needs, not someone inflicting it on themselves.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.